New England Casinos May SECTIONS BELOW INCLUDE include:
NEWS, GAMBLING PROMOTIONS, SPECIAL EVENTS, FESTIVALS, AND ENTERTAINMENT
Sports Betting Buffering In New England
Sports Betting – the new panacea for getting more people through casino doors. Whether it’s casinos or mobile betting in states that have approved it, everyone wants a piece of the pie. New England states and the casinos in them all seem to have differing opinions on whether sports betting is the right thing for them.
- After Rhode Island became the eighth state in the country to launch sports betting in 2018, revenue fell short of projections. According to some it was due to the lack of betting via smartphone or online. After the Super Bowl, with large payouts covering the local Champion Patriots, the state’s two casinos lost nearly $900,000 on sports betting in February. Rhode Island’s legal sports betting business had its best month yet in March, but still fell short of the profits the state anticipated when it legalized athletic wagering last year. Despite approving mobile RI sports betting this legislative session, the state does not plan to launch its app for months. Legal Sports reported that “the goal for Rhode Island sports betting is a fourth-quarter start to mobile wagering. The later end of that timeline would endanger the start of football season in New England Patriots country.”
- In Massachusetts, Gov. Charlie Baker’s legislation regulated wagering would enable those 21 and older to place bets on major league sports teams. Betting on college and high school sports, E-sports, and amateur sports is prohibited; coaches, athletes, referees, and other sports employees would also be banned from wagering. Unlike Rhode Island, Baker’s bill would allow sports fans to wager on professional games at both casinos and more importantly, online on their smartphones, generating $35 million in revenue for fiscal 2020. But after Rhode Island’s results, Massachusetts may want to slow down the process.
- Meanwhile, Maine has become the latest state to take a serious look at sports betting, as a pair of bills have been introduced in the state House of Representatives with the same goal of legalizing sports gambling, though with different takes on the matter. The legal gambling age would be 21 and betting would be permitted at racetracks, off-track betting shops, casinos, and online. The price is fairly steep for operators, though. The licensing fee is $30,000 (which, on its face isn’t bad, but revenue generation in Maine is going to be limited by its population) and the tax rate is 25 percent on net sports wagering income. Most of the state’s proceeds would go toward K-12 education
- In New Hampshire, progress continues on the fast track. The state Senate narrowly voted Thursday to allow two casinos to operate in New Hampshire. The surprise move by a well-known gambling advocates follows the New Hampshire House voting to allow up to 10 sports betting facilities. However, full -fledged casinos are not included in the Granite State’s future.
- The Nutmeg State (CT) will continue its arduous process to get sports betting. It is a muddled affair due to the compact first made with the Mashantucket Pequot tribe in 1991., and then accepted by the Mohegan tribe in 1994. Both tribes agreed to give 25% of all slot revenue to the state of CT while having monopoly of gambling in the state. While OTB’s, KENO operators, the CT Lottery and others want the ability to place bets (much like Massachusetts is looking into), the ability for that to happen would most likely void the Tribal compact with the state.
New England Rates Well In Gambling States
R.J. Johnson wrote a great article about Gambling as a proud American tradition in Feeling Lucky? These Are The States Most Addicted to Gambling. So proud, that some states are dependent on the revenue at the expense of it’s residents. Fortunately, New England was found on the safe side. Check out these results about New England’s Casinos:
- Highest Lottery Sales per Capita – MA & RI tied for first (3 other states)
- Highest % of Adults with Gambling Disorders – Not one NE casino!
- Lowest % of Adults with Gambling Disorders – CT tied with three other states with least!
Rhode Island’s Twin River Casino Worldwide Management Group Has Amazing 2018
In July 22, 2018, Dover Downs Gaming & Entertainment, Inc. and Twin River Worldwide Holdings, Inc. announced entering into a definitive merger agreement, transforming Twin River into a publicly traded company with strategically placed gaming and entertainment holdings throughout the United States. Twin River Casino’s parent company earned a profit of $71 million in 2018, up nearly 60% from two years earlier. Twin River Worldwide has 4,900 employees currently operate “over 400,000 square feet of gaming space, approximately 8,500 slot machines, approximately 260 gaming tables, approximately 65 stadium gaming positions, approximately 40 dining establishments, 20 bars, three entertainment venues and approximately 1,200 hotel rooms.” according to Ted Nesi of WPRI.com
Massachusetts Looks to be first in Non casino Sports Betting
Gambling legislation from Gov. Baker could be the first of it’s kind to offer online gambling without casino affiliation, giving independent fantasy sports providers such as Boston-based DraftKings the opportunity of a lifetime. DraftKings made their biggest Boston splash yet on March 25 with the unveiling of their brand new Back Bay headquarters, modeled to look like a football field.
Connecticut Pays $1 Million Towards Third Casino
According to Joe Cooper from HartfordBusiness.com, “The tribal operators of Mohegan Sun and Foxwoods Resort Casino have taken their first step in financing a jointly run $300 million casino in East Windsor. The Mohegan and Mashantucket Pequot tribes, operating as MMCT Venture, on Friday said it sent $1 million to the state Department of Consumer Protection (DCP) to offset the state’s regulatory costs for the project. The measure was required in the ongoing process to finance and build the new gaming and entertainment complex, known as Tribal Winds Casino.” The reason for a third casino built by tribes together is to take a bite out of the revenue moved north up I-91 by eight-month-old MGM Springfield. Mohegan and Foxwoods have each reported declining slot revenues for nine consecutive months.
FOXWOODS RESORT CASINO, Mashantucket CT
Big Papi’s Favorite Things – WIN A TRIP TO DOMINICAN REPUBLIC – Foxwoods is teaming up with David Ortiz to give away some of Big Papi’s Favorite Things. Earn Entries April 12 – May 30 – Drawing May 31, 7:00 PM
Super Mini-Bingo – May 11- $50,000 GUARANTEED Super Jackpot Coverall, Two $10,000 Mini-Super GUARANTEED Jackpot Coveralls, $2,500 Regular Game Payouts, PLUS Bonus Door Prizes:
3x Tier Credits – May 10th, Tier up faster with TRIPLE TIER CREDITS. Earn TRIPLE TIER CREDITS on slots, table games, keno, poker and race book.
HOT SEAT DAYS:
- May Day Hot Seat – May 1st, from 12PM – 8PM.
- RI Resident Hot Seat – May 4th, from 12pm – 8pm.
- Cinco de Mayo Hot Seat – May 5th from 12PM – 8PM.
Wheel Of Fortune Cash Link Promotion – May 18th, 12-4 in Fox Tower Casino. With $15 Bonus Slot Play, play 5 spins and the winnings go right in your pocket.
$25,000 Slot Tournament – Win up to $10,000. May 28th, 2PM – 8PM • Spin Zone at Great Cedar Casino
HOLLYWOOD Casino, Hotel & Raceway, BANGOR ME
Play 50, Eat Free – Mondays and Tuesdays in April between 8AM – 8PM, earn 50 tier points on your favorite slot machine or table game using your Marquee Rewards card and then swipe at our promotional kiosk to print a $15 Dining Credit to our Hops House 99 restaurant.
MGM SPRINGFIELD, Springfield MA
The Great Outdoors Giveaway – Bonus Entries on Mondays – Wednesdays, May 22 Earn 5X or 50X bonus entries. Grand Finale Drawings – Sunday, May 26
Mystery Point Multiplier – Tuesdays in May. Swipe at kiosk to activate your bonus point multiplier, up to 5X.
Spin & Win – Friday, May 10. 6-10PM
$10,000 Slot Tournament – May 25, from 2 – 8PM
Tier Credit Multiplier – May 6, 13, & 20 Swipe at kiosk to activate Tier Credit Multiplier for entire day. Sapphire=2X, Pearl=3X, Gold=4X & Platinum / Noir=5X
Winning Winsday – Don’t miss your chance at winning a share of thousands in FREEPLAY every Wednesday from 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. All guests actively playing at a slot machine will be entered to win. Someone will win every 30 minutes
ONGOING PROMOS: MILITARY & VETERANS PROGRAM
MOHEGAN SUN Resort Casino, Uncasville CT
MOHEGAN SUN’S KITE FLYIN’ GIVEAWAY – Monday, April 1st 2019, Daily until Sunday, June 30th 2019
Status Points Mayhem – May 30th Play your favorite slots from 6:00am – Midnight and earn at least DOUBLE Status Points. The multiplier will randomly change throughout the day – earning you anywhere from 2X – 5X Status Points! Each multiplier is guaranteed to occur at least twice.
OXFORD CASINO & Hotel, Oxford ME
Derby Dash – May 4 from Noon to 6:30pm. Pick your favorite pony in the 145th running of the Kentucky Derby and you could win a share of the Derby Dash prize pool of up to $15,000* Free Slot Play.
Mother’s Day Handbag Giveaway – Sunday, May 12 – Drawings beginning at 1:00pm
Mother’s Day Buffet – Sunday, May 12 – 9:00am to 4:00pm
The Great 250K Giveaway – Earn entries 10X faster on SUNDAYS – Every 50 Tier points will earn you an extra entry
3X Point Multiplier – Mondays in through April 29. 9:00am – 9:00pm. Earn 3X Slot Points on any slot machine
Earn Free Dinner Buffet – Tuesdays, Earn 200 tier points between 12 – 1PM, Thursdays, 400 points 5:00am and 7:00pm, Saturday 600 points 5:00am and 9:00pm to get a FREE Thursday Dinner buffet
ONGOING PROMOTIONS: 2018 Birthday Bash, SATURDAY – Super 6, TUESDAY – 15X Multiplier, WEDNESDAY – 15X Multiplier & Seniors Day, THURSDAY – Score 4, FRIDAY – Mega High 5 , Prime Rib Buffet, Weekend Breakfast Buffets
Plainridge Park Casino & Raceway, Plainville MA
WINE GLASS GIVEAWAY – May 12th. 11AM – 4PM. Earn 100 tier points on Mother’s Day, May 12, to claim your Silicone Wine Glass Set in the Promo Zone.
SPRING FEVER HOT SEAT – Wednesdays in May, 3PM – 8PM. 1 winner will be selected every 15 minutes to receive $250 in Free SlotPlay
Tiverton Casino & Hotel, Tiverton, RI
$100,000 Spring into Free Play Sweepstakes – Earn: Sunday, April 28 – Sunday, May 26 Win: Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays in May from 2pm – 8pm; 6 winners every hour could win $200 in Free Slot Play!
KENTUCKY DERBY CELEBRATIONS
CINCO DE MAYO CELEBRATIONS
May 4th – 5th Annual New England Tequila & Rum Festival at Twin River Event Center, 8:00pm
May 10 – Murphy’s Boxing at Aria Ballroom, MGM Springfield
May 13 – WNBA Pre-season Double Header – Dallas vs Atlanta 5:00, CT Sun vs New York 7:00, Mohegan Sun Arena
May 14 – WNBA Pre-season Double Header – New York vs Atlanta 5:00, Dallas vs CT Sun 7:00, Mohegan Sun Arena
May 17 – Broadway Boxing at the Fox Theater, Foxwoods, 7:30PM
May 18 & 19 – National Wellness Expo – Earth Expo & Convention Center, 11:00AM, Mohegan Sun
May 25 – CT Sun WNBA Home Opener vs Washington Mystics, Mohegan Sun Arena 7:30PM
May 26 – Sept. 1 – Liquid Sunday at Foxwoods
May 28 – CT Sun vs Indiana Fever, Mohegan Sun Arena 7:00PM
May – MGM Live on the Plaza Concert Series
May 31 thru June 2 – Foxwoods Broadway Series; Rock of Ages & Kinky Boots
June 1 & 2 – Sun BBQ Fest at Mohegan Sun
June 1 – Reality Fighting at Mohegan Sun Arena 6:30PM
June thru Sept – Darling Waterfront Concert Series, Bangor Maine; Hotel Packages at Hollywood Bangor
May 2-4 – Alonzo Bodden at Roar! MGM Springfield, various times
May 3 & 4 – Jason Aldean at Mohegan Sun Arena, 7:30PM
May 11 – Cedric the Entertainer at Mohegan Sun Arena, 8:00PM
May 11 – Whitesnake at Twin River Event Center, 8:00pm
May 12 – The Association at Wolf Den, Mohegan Sun Arena, 8:00PM (free)
May 3&4 – Ultrasonic Rock Orchestra at the Fox Theater, Foxwoods, 8:00PM
May 9-11 – Paul Virzi at Roar! MGM Springfield, various times
May 10 – En Vogue, SWV & Ginuwine at the Grand Theater, Foxwoods, 8:00PM
May 11 – Engelbert Humperdinck at the Fox Theater, Foxwoods, 8:00PM
May 11 – Trey Songz at the Grand Theater, Foxwoods, 8:00PM
May 11 – Jimmy Tingle at The Loft, Plainridge Park, 8:00PM
May 12 – TIEMPOS: Featuring El Torito, India & Elvis Crespo at the Grand Theater, Foxwoods, 8:00PM
May 16-18 – Nikki Glaser at Roar! MGM Springfield, various times
May 16 – Judas Priest at Mohegan Sun Arena, 7:00PM
May 17 – Chayanne at Mohegan Sun Arena, 8:00PM
May 17 – The Rosendale Group Presents T.I. and Fat Joe at the Grand Theater, Foxwoods, 8:00PM
May 19 – Evanescence at Mohegan Sun Arena, 8:00PM
May 23-25 – Drew Lynch at Roar! MGM Springfield, various times
May 23-25 –JESSICA KIRSON at Comix Comedy Club, Mohegan Sun, various times
May 23 – Anderson Paak & the Free Nationals – at Mohegan Sun Arena, 7:30PM
May 24 – LYNYRD SKYNYRD at Mohegan Sun Arena, 7:00PM
May 24 – Spin Doctors at Wolf Den, Mohegan Sun Arena, 8:00PM (free)
May 25 – Bill Maher at the Grand Theater, Foxwoods, 8:00PM
May 25 – Sinbad at the Fox Theater, Foxwoods, 8:00PM
May 30 – Sammy Hagar’s Full Circle Jam Tour at the Grand Theater, Foxwoods, 7:00PM
May 31 – Walk Off The Earth at the Grand Theater, Foxwoods, 8:00PM
May 31 – Patti LaBelle at Mohegan Sun Arena, 8:00PM
May 31/ June 1 – Ben Bailey at Roar! MGM Springfield, various times
June 6 – Bush & +Live+ | The Alt-imate Tour at the Grand Theater, Foxwoods, 7:00PM
June 7 – RBRM: 4 The Love Of It Tour at the Grand Theater, Foxwoods, 8:00PM
OTHER CASINO ENTERTAINMENT VENUES include:
- The Wolf Den, Mohegan Sun – Located in the center of the action, in Casino of the Earth, offers full beverage service, a state-of-the-art sound system, intimate seating and top performances by headliners. For complete schedule, click HERE.
- Hollywood Bangor now offers two venues for live weekend music – 99 Hops House & the Sound Stage. Click Here for schedule. Summer Concert Series at the Darling Waterfront Pavillion is walking distance from Bangor Hollywood Casino (seasonal)
- Tiverton offers duos almost every weekend. Click HERE for schedule.
- Twin River Casino Lighthouse Lounge – right in the middle of the downstairs casino. Shipyard Pub – Upstairs in Non-smoking.
- Tiverton Casino – Center Bar
- Plainridge Park Casino – the Revolution Lounge offers entertainment on the weekends
- MGM Springfield – Commonwealth Bar & Lounge
- Foxwoods – Atrium Lounge – Live bands on the weekend, specialty cocktails and great time.
Visiting New England’s Casinos?
Curious about casino expansion in our region? Then there’s only one place to go – visit us at NETimeGambling! For specific casino details, visit the websites of all seven casinos: Connecticut – Foxwoods Resort/Casino and Mohegan Sun Resort/Casino; Rhode Island – Tiverton Casino Hotel and Twin River Hotel/Casino; Massachusetts – Plainridge Park Casino & Raceway, MGM Springfield and Encore Boston Harbor (opening 2019); Maine – Oxford Casino and Hollywood Bangor Hotel, Casino & Raceway.
“NETimeGambling is a non-monetized blog created for my personal interest and passion in the gambling industry – its history, and its ongoing evolution – mixed with my love for New England. Come share my passion and visit us.”
After directing middle school chorus and middle school drama for 41 years, and I will be retiring this year to pursue travel with my wife and to further expand my interest in the gambling industry, which I been fascinated by for over twenty years. The goal of NETimeGambling is to provide a service and resource for any recreational gambler visiting New England’s expanding casino market and interested in gambling tips, news and advice.
Follow us on twitter at @NETimeGambling, and on Facebook at NEtimegambling. Come join the New England Casinos facebook group and chat about experiences at our 8 New England Casinos, soon to be 9 in 2019. Feel free to enhance our community with your gambling experiences, casino loyalty programs, resort experiences and thoughts concerning New England’s expansion.
Click==> Top Flight Deals Updated Daily