New England Casinos October News
New England Casinos October offer event and entertainment opportunities and special promotions for visitors + the scoop and news for New England Casinos.
6 States and 9 Casinos
Little State – Big Problems
Ever since the smallest state in the country became the only sports betting outlet problems have been mounting:
- paying $900,000 on sports betting in February, mostly Super Bowl bets, leaving the state with $150,000, far below the expected $11.5 million projected
- released a mobile sports app for use through both casinos in July, only to face a possible lawsuit considering mobile sports betting is unconstitutional.
- Twin River executives have mounted a campaign against Gov. Gina Raimondo’s proposal to extend the current contract between the state and IGT. Now, Twin River Management group is courting Camelot as as another option. For more, read a related post – Twin River’s partner Camelot has history with rival IGT
Mohegan Sun ranked No. 1 in USA Today’s list of 10 best casino hotels in America for the second time in a row. Nearby Foxwoods Resort Casino ranked No. 2. Encore will surely have something to say about that next year.
Hollywood Bangor not much of a Bang
Penn National’s Hollywood Casino, Hotel and Raceway reminds me of all those mosiers on the Vegas Strip – slowly going somewhere, who knows, while so many pass them by. Here’s the recent trip report “Hollywood Bangor Hasn’t Been Updated in Years”
A Case of the Dropsies – September Revenue
Expected revenues for New England casinos continue to fall except for one – Encore. And while table reports are doing very well at EBH, slots are dramatically lower than expected. The entire area is projecting saturation numbers.
Twin River Casino saw table games revenue in Lincoln tumble 40% in August, more than the 34% in July. Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun reported declines of 10% from last year. Meanwhile, Maine’s two casinos reported record years so far, with Oxford Casino Hotel boasting large increases with the addition of a 177-room hotel and expanded casino floor.
So I think we under-estimated that level of loyalty and what it would take for those customers to give us a shot.Mike Mathis, head of MGM Springfield
MGM Springfield Miscalculates Loyalty
MGM’s Springfield “Urban Casino” project underestimated the loyalty factor to other competing casinos. Revenue estimates were well below the $412 million projections one year later.
Casino.Org reported “This market has some really strong competitors that have been in the market for 20-plus years,” Mike Mathis, head of MGM Springfield, said in recent media interviews reports the Hartford Courant. “So I think we under-estimated that level of loyalty and what it would take for those customers to give us a shot.”
It’s Oktoberfest. Beer, and Bingo!
Foxwoods – Oktoberfest Bingo. FALL’S BIGGEST BINGO EVENT. Saturday, October 19. Doors open at 7AM. Games begin at 10:30AM. $250,000 GUARANTEED Jackpot Coverall. $300 Admission includes Free Admission to Sunday October 20 AM Game, $10 Food Credit, and free T-Shirt!
Mohegan Sun – Annual Sun Brewfest, October 4th & 5th. – 150 beers, including craft brews, microbrews, imports, domestics and ciders while enjoying rockin’ live entertainment, fun games, an epic cornhole tournament and delicious signature food from local restaurants
Don’t Forget the Beerfest: Battle of the Brews at Foxwoods, November 23, Premier Ballroom. Starts at 4:00PM
Halloween in New England
Time to plan your Halloween festivities for New England Casinos October at the following properties:
- Encore Boston Harbor, MA – The new guy in New England isn’t new to big celebrations, starting with Halloween. Their B-52s Halloween Bash will take place on that Thursday, October 31, 2019. The band in on their first tour since 2015 and are preparing a high-profile documentary and their first official book. Doors open: 6:30 p.m. / Showtime: 7:30 p.m. Tickets starting at $59.50
- MGM Springfield, MA – MGM Springfield will host Halloween-themed events including “Flick or Treat,” a series of spooky Halloween movies. Beginning on Sunday, Oct. 28, MGM Springfield will play four scary films outside on Armory Square,7 p.m. to 10 p.m., leading up to Halloween night. They are free and open to the public. For visitors 21 and over, Commonwealth Bar and Lounge will transform on Saturday, Oct. 27 into “Wealth-O-Ween.”Guests will have the opportunity to compete in a sexy costume contest for the chance to win $5,000 in cash prizes. The event will start at 9 p.m. and there is no cover charge to enter.
- Mohegan Sun – Celebrate all week long with the following events: BOWL – O – WEEN PARTY AT GAME ON, Saturday, October 26th; OPEN COSTUME PARTY at VISTA LOUNGE, Saturday, October 26th, 9:00pm; LANSDOWNE PUB PRESENTS 7 DAY WEEKEND HALLOWEEN PARTY, Saturday, October 26th at 10:00pm; OPEN COSTUME PARTY AT AVALON, Saturday, October 26th | 10:00pm (Doors open at 9:00pm) Free cover with costume (All others: $20; ladies free); THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW VIEWING, Thursday, October 31st | 8:00pm. For all Halloween events, click here.
Craft a Cocktail at Encore Boston Harbor
A fantastic New England Casinos October treat. Join Resort Mixologist Adam Dennis for an interactive tutorial on crafting the perfect cocktail. The class will include a detailed explanation of the spirits and accentuating elements that are used to construct fall libations and explore techniques that have been developed by bartenders from all around the world over the past century. Guests will have the opportunity to learn the best methods to shake, stir or blend cocktails through hands-on use of tools and one-on-one instruction.
Master Classes are reserved through the Concierge team at (857) 770-7070. GARDEN LOUNGE | 7-9 p.m. / $99 PER PERSON*
Football Night in New England – Specials
Foxwoods – The EndZone at Foxwoods. Numerous bars and restaurants take part in drink specials, food, and with multiple big-screen TVs.
Mohegan Sun – NFL SUNDAY FOOTBALL at Comix Roadhouse Sundays, at 1:00pm
Atlantic City October 2019
Not too early to start planning for Halloween
Top 9 Gambling Promotions – New England Casinos October
Click on the casino links for more promos and information for New England Casino October.
- Foxwoods – 3x Tier Credits – OCTOBER 11 | BEGINNING AT 6AM
- Encore BH -Super Sundays. Every Sunday in October, 100 lucky winners will be selected to win their share of $50,000 in Cash and FREECREDIT.
- Encore BH – Buffet COMPDOLLAR Special – Red Card members can redeem 15 COMPDOLLARS for brunch and lunch or 20 COMPDOLLARS for dinner in The Buffet.
- Hollywood Bangor – Earn points, eat for free. EARN 50 TIER POINTS AT HOLLYWOOD CASINO BANGOR ON MONDAYS AND TUESDAYS AND EARN A $15 DINING CREDIT TO OUR HOPS HOUSE 99 RESTAURANT!
- MGM Springfield – Mystery Point Multiplier – Wednesdays in October, 6:00 AM Wednesday to 5:59 AM Thursday
- MGM Springfield – Million Dollar Vault – All Month Long, October 1 – 31, 24/7. Earn 500 slot points for your chance to crack the code and win $1,000,000. Swipe your M life Rewards card at the vault and type in any 7-digital code you think might unlock it. Guess correctly and win $1,000,000 – Guess incorrectly and you might still win a share of over $100,000.
- Mohegan Sun – Play your favorite slots from 6:00am – Midnight and earn at least DOUBLE Status Points. The multiplier will randomly change throughout the day – earning you anywhere from 2X – 5X Status Points! Each multiplier is guaranteed to occur at least twice. RELATED POST – Mohegan Sun “Status Mayhem” – A Great Low Roller Promo
- Mohegan Sun – TRIPLE STATUS POINTS – Sunday, October 13th | 6:00am – Midnight
- Oxford Casino Hotel – Earn points, get free buffet. 200 pts Tuesday, 400 pts Thursday and 600 pts Saturday.
Come join the New England Casinos Facebook Group and chat about experiences at our New England Casinos. Feel free to enhance our community with your gambling experiences, casino loyalty program questions, resort experiences and thoughts concerning New England’s casino expansion.
New England Casinos
November and December CONCERT Schedule
- Legends in Concert – Through Oct 31st at Foxwoods, Fox Theater
- B-52’s – October 31 at Encore BH, Picasso Ballroom; 7:30PM
- Vets Rock! – Nov 1 at Mohegan Sun, 10:00Am starting Time
- America – Nov 1 at Twin River Event Center, 8:00pm
- Logic – Nov 1 at Mohegan Sun Arena, 7:30PM
- The Office! A Musical Parody – Nov 1 at Foxwoods, Fox Theater; 8:00PM
- Chris D’Elia – Nov 1 at Foxwoods, Grande Theater; 8:00PM
- The Office! A Musical Parody – Nov 2 at Foxwoods, Fox Theater; 8:00PM
- Steely Dan – Nov 2 at Mohegan Sun Arena, 8:00PM
- Ladies Night with XSCAP3, Blackstreet Featuring Teddy Riley & Dave Hollister – Nov 2 at Foxwoods, Grande Theater; 8:00PM
- Psychic Medium Matt Fraser – Nov 3 at Foxwoods, Celebrity Ballroom; 1:00PM
- Marc Anthony – Nov 3 at Mohegan Sun Arena, 7:00PM
- Cole Swindell – Nov 9 at Mohegan Sun Arena, 7:30PM
- Dwight Yoakam – Nov 10 at Foxwoods, Fox Theater; 8:00PM
- Paul Anka Sings Sinatra – Nov 10 at Mohegan Sun Arena, 7:00PM
- Jennie Garth & Tori Spelling Live: A Night To Remember – Nov 15 at Foxwoods, Fox Theater; 8:00PM
- CONNECTICUT INTERNATIONAL AUTO SHOW – Nov 15, 16, & 17 at Mohegan Sun Expo Center
- Hozier – Nov 15 at Foxwoods, Grande Theater; 8:00PM
- A Magical Cirque Christmas – Nov 15 at Foxwoods, Grande Theater; 8:00PM
- Boz Scaggs – Nov 15 at Twin River Event Center, 8:00pm
- Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons – Nov 16 bat Mohegan Sun Arena, 8:00PM
- Magic Rocks! Illusionist Leon Etienne – Nov 17 at Foxwoods, Fox Theater; 7:00PM
- Keith Urban, A Concert for Recovery – Nov 17 at Mohegan Sun Arena, 7:00PM
- The Price Is Right Live! – Nov 20 – 23 at Foxwoods, Fox Theater
- Jay Leno – Nov 22 at Foxwoods, Grande Theater; 8:00PM
- Stephanie Mills – Nov 22 at Twin River Event Center, 8:00pm
- Luke Combs – Nov 22 at Mohegan Sun Arena, 7:30PM
- AIR FORCE RESERVE BASKETBALL HALL OF FAME – Nov 23 & 24 at Mohegan Sun Arena
- CES Boxing – Nov 23 at Twin River Event Center, 7:00pm
- A Charlie Brown Christmas Live On Stage – Nov 30 at Foxwoods, Fox Theater; 1:00PM & 5:00PM
- Celtic Women – Nov 30 at Foxwoods, Grande Theater; 8:00PM
- Psychic Medium Matt Fraser – Dec 3 at Plainridge Park Casino, The Loft 6:30PM
- Brian McKnight Season’s Greetings – Dec 5 at Foxwoods, Fox Theater; 8:00PM
- Lewis Black – Dec 7 at MGM Springfield; 8:00PM
- Bob Marley – Dec 7 at Plainridge Park Casino, The Loft 6:30PM
- CES Championship Boxing Holiday Bash 2019 – Dec 7 at Foxwoods, Fox Theater; 5:30PM
- A Pentatonix Christmas – Dec 7 & 8 at Mohegan Sun Arena, 7:30PM
- Lindsey Stirling | Warmer in the Winter Christmas Tour – Dec 12 at Foxwoods, Grand Theater; 7:00PM
- The Cult – A Sonic Temple – Dec 12 at Foxwoods, Fox Theater; 8:00PM
- Mariah Carey Christmas – Dec 12 at Mohegan Sun Arena, 8:00PM
- The Jason Bishop Show – Dec 13th at MGM Springfield Armory; 6:30PM & 8:30PM
- O.A.R. – The Mighty Fall Tour – Dec 13 at Foxwoods, Fox Theater; 8:00PM
- Nickelodeon’s Double Dare Live! – Dec 13 at Foxwoods, Grand Theater; 8:00PM
- Jerry Seinfeld – Dec 14 at Foxwoods, Grand Theater; 8:00PM
- Adam Lambert – Dec 15 at Foxwoods, Grand Theater; 7:00PM
- Straight No Chaser – Dec 20 at Encore BH, Picasso Ballroom; 7:30PM
- Strictly Sinatra Presents The Rat Pack Christmas Show – Dec 20 at Twin River Event Center, 8:00pm
- The Clairvoyants – Dec 21 at Foxwoods, Grand Theater; 7:00PM
- Straight No Chaser – Dec 23 at Mohegan Sun Arena, 8:00PM
- Femme It Forward with Monica, Ashanti, Kerri Hilson, Amerie and Lil Mo – Dec 27 at Foxwoods, Fox Theater; 8:00PM
- New England Blackwolves Home Opener – Dec 27 at Mohegan Sun Arena, 7:30PM
Visiting New England’s Casinos?
Robin T. Aubin (AKA Binbin at NETimeGambling) has been a guest on Cousin Vito’s Casino Podcast, The Bettor Life Podcast, The Art in the Game Podcast featuring all that is Springfield, Massachusetts. as well as ZorkCast with Michael Trager. As founder of NETimeGambling.com, he has tried to provide a resource for recreational gamblers featuring New England’s expanding casino market events, gambling promotions and entertainment. As a professional musician for over 50 years, he has performed in some of New England’s best venues, namely Mohegan Sun’s Wolf Den, Foxwoods’ Atrium Lounge, and Twin River’s Lighthouse Bar & Lounge.
LINKS to New England Casinos
- Connecticut – Foxwoods Resort/Casino and Mohegan Sun Resort/Casino
- Rhode Island – Tiverton Casino Hotel and Twin River Hotel/Casino
- Massachusetts – Plainridge Park Casino & Raceway, MGM Springfield and Encore Boston Harbor
- Maine – Oxford Casino and Hollywood Bangor Hotel, Casino & Raceway.
“NETimeGambling” is a non-monetized blog created with my own personal interest and passion concerning the gambling industry. I love its history and its ongoing evolution and expansion. Add my love for New England, and you have this blog. Come share my passion and visit us.
The goal of NETimeGambling is to provide a service and resource for any recreational gambler visiting New England’s expanding casino market and interested in gambling tips, news, advice and the latest in events, gambling promotions and entertainment.
Our Guest For Next Episode:
Scott Roeben of Vital Vegas
Enjoy Prior Episodes on YouTube
Please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel!
Cloth face coverings designed by independent artists,
so your personality won’t disappear behind your mask.
Shop Masks at Redbubble!
20% off sitewide for people with interesting interests. Code INTERESTS
SHOP Casino Designs – Face Coverings/Face Masks