Vegas News April 17, 2022
Palms Casino Resort
Nothing new to see here but this is a promo video for the opening of Palms on April 27. I found this while looking for information on the players club (Palms Rewards Program – CLUB SERRANO). Before we get to that, I need to remind myself about the property. Hopefully, it will help keep all of our expectations in check.
The video is a good reminder that there won’t be many changes at Palms when it reopens. At least a few of the finer dining and quick-serve restaurants will reopen. The bars will mostly remain the same – if nothing else, they’ll be in the same locations.
Palms – New Sportsbook
The one change I’m looking forward to seeing is the new sportsbook. Otherwise, it appears as though most of the Palms casino floor will look similar to when it closed.
The main design change will be similar to other casinos with more pods than rows of slot machines. Station Casinos really packed in the rows a bit too tight so this will be a nice change.
We knew the movie theater at Palms would be reopening with the rest of the property. The theater has been upgraded since closing in 2020.
I’m looking forward to the reopening of Palms. Having said that, I can be easily excitable so this is a reminder to myself, and anyone reading, that there shouldn’t be too many surprises when Palms reopens at the end of the month.
Oh yeah, pic of the cards. pic.twitter.com/BvNYZdrRVX— Marc (@MeltzVegas) April 16, 2022
CLUB SERRANO – Palms Rewards Program
The thing I’m most curious about is the Club Serrano rewards program. Club Serrano will be the Palms Rewards Program. I did notice a few things. It will be easier to earn points playing at Yaamava’ Casino in CA than at Palms. From the rules page:
“For each $2 wagered in video poker machines at Yaamava’ Resort & Casino, members earn 1 Slot Point and 1 Tier Point. For each $4 wagered in video poker machines at Palms Casino Resort, members earn 1 Slot Point and 1 Tier Point.”
Here are a few other perks for Palms players that I want to highlight:
- All levels receive free self-parking and valet.
- All levels receive discounts on movies.
- Upper tiers receive reward multipliers.
- Emerald level and above get comped resort fees.
You can see all of the perks and how they differ from the CA casino here and see an FAQ for the Palms Rewards Program here. I’m not a web designer but it seems strange this info isn’t on the Palms webpage but is on the Yaamava’ page.
Opening Night – Palms
I’ll either be at the opening night of the casino on April 27 or the opening day of the hotel on April 28. Keep an eye on Twitter and Instagram for pics and videos from opening.
Las Vegas Quick Hits
- Las Vegas is promoting its small (200 people) meeting spaces, so I’m passing on for any event planners who might be looking to return to Las Vegas for work.
- Fontainebleau has jokes. Read more here.
- You know this already but CNBC just discovered that visitors are coming to Las Vegas in spite of inflation. Watch about 2.5 minutes on the topic here.
- It appears as though Caesars Rewards Loyalty Program did something good for this year but it will happen again! Read more here.
- I really like just about everything at Taverna Costa in the Arts District. The bar, restaurant, and coffee shop also has video poker and now comedy. If this was closer to where I live it would be a 10 out of 10. See the flyer for comedy here.
- Daylight at Night at Mandalay Bay is starting on April 29. Repeating “Daylight at Night” over and over and enjoying the sound doesn’t make me strange, right? If you like pool parties at night, read more here.
- A show named “Rouge” is opening at The Strat. Read more here.
- Las Vegas is the #3 city in the US to get stoned, brah. Read more here.
- Rumor has it that Tipsy Robot will be opening another location at The Venetian. Read more here.
- The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority has a list of LGBTQ+ events this year. Read more here.
- JW Marriott (Rampart Casino) renovated its spa that now includes a barbershop. Read more here.
- Jimmy O. Yang (Jian Yang from Silicon Valley) is performing at The Mirage in July. Read more here.
- If you’re into Escape Rooms like the one fashion stylist I know, you may be into the “It” experience opening this fall. Read more here.
- We All Scream is a nightclub open in downtown Las Vegas. Read more here.
- The “first US casino dedicated to (the) Latino community” is opening in North Las Vegas. Read more here.
- Emmit Smith’s restaurant doesn’t have an opening date but it has a chef! Read more here.
- The NBA is still considering expanding to Las Vegas. It still won’t happen right away but people should still keep asking questions about it. Read more here.
- The people of Oakland appear as though they want to build the A’s a stadium district so the baseball team can stay in California and not move to Las Vegas. Read more here.
- National parks are waiving entrance fees this week. This is good in Las Vegas and around the country. There are also events planned for every day. Read more here.
- Golden Nugget CO could be a thing soon. Read more here.
- Sports Illustrated licensed its name for a couple of hotels. How long until they have a casino? Read more here.
- Everi (manufacturer of most casino ATMs) has a product that will turn crypto into cash. This is debuting in MS. Nevada gaming might get around to making this available in 15 years after they finally allow remote registration for sports betting apps. Read more here.
- Don’t be surprised if you start hearing Elvis Presley songs in random places. Read more here.