Vegas News June 7, 2023
I like to change the format of Vegas News every now and again. This week will be all Quick Hits-style with a bunch of embedded tweets with pictures for visual interest. Also, pay close attention to the Fontainebleau Room Preview, which is making this new casino resort seem “more real.”
We’ll start off with some fun personal news. I hit my first royal flush since before the Covid-19 pandemic. Yeehaw!
Me: superstitions are dumb— Marc (@MeltzVegas) May 25, 2023
Also me: I’m wearing different clothes because gambling has been awful lately.
This was my first time getting a royal flush outside a casino. This hand was at my local PT’s Tavern. The bar and restaurant chain has half-off drinks during Happy Hour. I found one of the best deals on booze at this bar a few weeks ago. There are a couple of locations near the Vegas Strip for those of you not interested to venture too far from the action. Learn more about PTs here.
Fontainebleau Las Vegas
I found a couple of Fontainebleau hotel room renderings on the hotel meeting page. What do you think?
Fontainebleau Room Preview
You can see more Fontainebleau renderings here.
Las Vegas Quick Hits
- Once again, The Strat has free self-parking for locals. See the tweet here.
- You may have heard rumors about dice cheats playing Roll To Win Craps last year. Read about some of those rumors here.
- The Nevada Gaming Control Board has some official information about the Roll to Win cheating at the Cosmopolitan. Read more here.
- MGM Resorts has a new table game video and photo policy. You can see it here.
- I stopped by the new Carousel Bar outside of the Plaza for a quick beer. You can see some pics below.
- Only well drinks and draft beer are comps when playing video poker. The excellent local beer menu and signature cocktails are available for purchase. I’ll explore the menu another time. This was just a quick trip to see what the bar was like.
- Speaking of new things at the Plaza, the new BC Slots room is open at the Plaza.
- Garth Brooks added more shows at Caesars Palace Las Vegas next year. Read more here.
- The new Bellagio Botanical Gardens and Conservatory display is up. See more below and read more here.
A few press pics of the new display at Bellagio’s Conservatory & Botanical Gardens pic.twitter.com/Y9QLwSuUU3— Marc (@MeltzVegas) May 31, 2023
- Genting reported earnings. Evidently, Resorts World Las Vegas hasn’t been marketing to conventiongoers. It should be noted this is the only casino with a Tesla transportation station that goes right to the Las Vegas Convention Center. Read more here.
- You can see more about the convention center the casino is planning here.
- Convention space is one of the least expensive ways for a casino to expand since it’s essentially just building four walls with space that isn’t used often.
- Resorts World updated its rewards program. You can see the new tier levels and benefits here.
- Poolside blackjack is open at Red Rock Casino. Like all other outdoor blackjack games, this pays 6:5 for a natural blackjack.
Incredible weather calls for blackjack poolside. pic.twitter.com/L8lrQrB0Hb— Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa Las Vegas (@redrockcasino) May 26, 2023
- Registration is open for the Circa Sports pro football contests. The total guaranteed prize pool is $14 million. Read more here.
- The Raiders are good for business at MGM Resorts hotels. CEO Bill Hornbuckle said, “It was the biggest booking day we had in 2023.” See more here.
- Read about the Oakland A’s stadium bill from Nevada here.
- I’m not spending much time on this topic until everything is done and approved. You can see a few unrealistic renderings of the A’s stadium below.
- The A’s say 70% of fans will be Las Vegas locals if they move. Obviously, they want 4 pm games to cater to the tourists that will make up 30% of those in attendance. Read more here.
- Four of the top 10 paid hotel CEOs operate Las Vegas properties. Read more here.
- The Bellagio buffet is serving dinner once again. Read more here.
- Katy Perry is getting a Viva Vision show at the Fremont Street Experience. Read more here.
- The Tropicana is opening a new Poker Room. Read more here.
- See renderings and learn more about the new shopping plaza replacing the Hawaiian Marketplace here.
- More Las Vegas Grand Prix tickets will go on sale on June 9. Read more here.
- F1 announced entertainment for the Las Vegas Grand Prix. Read more here.
- It seems as if there isn’t a day when F1 is adding hospitality for the Las Vegas Grand Prix. Read about Club Paris, SI, and skunky beer house here.
- MGM Resorts is now a partner with the Haas racing team. Read more here.
- This EA sports simulation of the Las Vegas Grand Prix circuit is the best I’ve seen to date. You can see a preview below.
- EA isn’t allowing embeds. You can see the full circuit here.
- The dolphins at The Mirage have been moved. Read more here.
- The Stranger Things store at the Showcase Mall (across from Park MGM) is now open. Read more here.
- Tickets to see The (golf) Match at Wynn are $250 each. Read more here.
- Restaurant Week is June 5-16. See the special menus here.
- A Spice Girls tribute is opening at the Excalibur in July. Read more here.
- EDC was as much fun as always. Read more here.
- A baby was born during EDC. Read more here.
- I watch the first half of the show on YouTube on my ipad, laptop or TV depending on my mood. One thing I noticed was that someone at EDC loves hot dads. Also, people in the chat were making fun of the Boston Celtics for getting destroyed.
- Planet Hollywood restaurant at The Forum Shops at Caesars Palace has closed. Read more here.
- Olives at Virgin has closed. Read more here.
- Casino Royale might be going away. Read more here.
- Donut Bar in downtown Las Vegas is closing and being replaced with another donut shop. Read more here.
- Fluer at Mandalay Bay is closing. There’s no information on what will be replacing it. Read more here.
- Lexi, formerly Artisan, is now open and currently has a few cannabis-friendly rooms. Read more here.
- Wynn has a car show in November. Read more here.
- A California-inspired restaurant will open at Durango Casino. See renderings and read more here.
- A Snacks expo is coming to Las Vegas! Read more here.
- This is a double edition of Vegas News. The day before this was started I got a Royal Flush! I got another one the day before putting the finishing touches on this column!
Last and certainly least, I stopped off to see what a pop-up casino was all about. It was everything I expected.