I love a good hack that yields multiple benefits with a minimum of work. I really love the idea of a great hack that would yield elevated status with the biggest casino loyalty programs without having to put tens of thousands of dollars at risk. Up until now, it was a nice thought, but not something that was easy to accomplish. Well, there’s good news. I’ve got a strategy that will get you casino elite status with Caesars and MGM. The keys to the strategy are FoundersCard and The Borgata Rewards program.
Step 1 – The FoundersCard
The FoundersCard brings together a portfolio of excellent benefits and discounts that include Travel, Lodging, Lifestyle and Business categories. It differs from other offerings with an aggregator approach by focusing on services that appeal to luxury travelers and entrepreneurs. There’s an initiation fee ($95) and then an annual fee to belong but those are easily recouped when you take advantage of the many benefits available. You can also get the initiation fee waived and lock in a reduced annual fee by signing up here. (Pricing and details about the program can be found on the TravelZork FoundersCard page.)
Here’s a few of the benefits you get with the FoundersCard:
- Complimentary Total Rewards® Diamond Status – This benefit alone pays for the card. Resort fees at Vegas hotels are waived and you get lounge access too.
- Clear membership – 6 Months Free. Discounted $140 annual fee thereafter (regularly $179).
- Airfare discounts on Cathay Pacific – Complimentary Marco Polo Club Silver Tier
- Airfare discounts on British Airways, Qantas, and JetBlue
- Complimentary Hilton HHonors™ Gold Status Membership.
- Complimentary TripIt Pro for a year.
- MailChimp (e-mail marketing) – 2,500 MonkeyRewards Credits ($2,500 value).
- Namecheap – Domains and Webhosting – 20% discount.
Step 2 – Get Your Free Caesars TR Diamond Status
Once you have your FoundersCard and a Total Rewards membership, you can select the the free Diamond upgrade from the FoundersCard portal. It takes a little while for the upgrade to process as FoundersCard batches the upgrade requests together once a month and sends them over to Caesars for processing. For example, they submitted the October requests during the first week of November and they were all processed by around November 9th.
That was easy. What’s next?
Step 3 – Get Your Free Status Match To Borgata Black Label
The next step does require you to go to the Borgata in Atlantic City to join the Borgata Rewards program and claim your upgrade to Black Label. The process is pretty painless as they don’t require you to have your Total Rewards card with you – verification via your account status on a cell phone is good enough (Thx to The Free-quent Flyer for that data point). Right away you get some nice benefits including $100 free slot play, complimentary Classic Room stay and access to the VIP lounge. (Even with access Amphora Lounge does charge $10 comp dollars per person, per visit.)
Step 4 – Get Elite Status When MGM Converts Black Label to Mlife in 2017
The last step is patience. MGM acquired Mlife earlier in 2016. They sent a letter out to the Borgata Rewards members letting them know that the program would be integrated into Mlife sometime in 2017. All of their Black Label status, balances and offers will transition over to Mlife intact. In addition, Black Label members that visit Vegas can present their card at any Mlife location and get an immediate status match to Mlife Gold.
Step 5 – Reap the Rewards
That’s it. There’s really only 4 steps to the process. It takes a little work and a trip to Atlantic City to accomplish, but achieving elite status in 3 programs is certainly worth it. It that’s too much work, you can certainly go with the excellent URComped program that will aggregate up all of your play across multiple casinos and programs, and curate the best offers to match your style and level of play.
Let us know your thoughts about this status hack in the comments below.
More Gaming and Elite Status Content For You
Achieving Caesars Total Rewards Seven Stars Status With Video Poker
Alert : Opportunity for Mlife Platinum via matching to Hyatt Diamond Status Twitter Deal
Overview of Wynn Las Vegas and Encore Red Card
Hyatt Elites | Don’t Let Mlife Downgrade You
If you’re interested in learning more about FoundersCard, please see our extensive FoundersCard page on TravelZork.
TRAVEL DEALS – CRUISES
- 4 Night Bahamas Cruises from $204 on Carnival, only on Cruisedirect.com. $49 Deposits, Plus Up to $500 to Spend On Board!
- 7 Night Caribbean Cruises from $509 on Holland America, only Cruisedirect.com.Up to $1,300 to Spend On Board, Plus SUITES: FREE Drinks & Specialty Dining!
- 7 Night Caribbean Cruises from $1274 on Disney Cruise Line, only on Cruisedirect.com. CruiseDirect Exclusive: Disney Autograph Book, Plus Up to $1,000 to Spend On Board!