Through its Connect and Collect program, Marriott Rewards is offering its members an opportunity to earn up to a maximum of 45,000 free points per calendar year by using social media — and although point bonuses have already been offered since the launch of the initiative, that is only the beginning.
Up to 45,000 Free Marriott Rewards Points Annually Through Social Media
Getting started earns you points as well. You can instantly earn up to a total of 750 Marriott Rewards points when you connect with your Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts for 250 Marriott Rewards points each…
…and after that, you can earn up to another 250 points when you follow Marriott Rewards with Twitter and Instagram for 125 Marriott Rewards points each.
That means that you earn up to 1,000 free Marriott Rewards points just to get started.
How to Register
Registration for the Connect and Collect program from Marriott Rewards is required to earn the free points. To register for this program:
- Go to www.mr-points.com
- Select the social media channel or channels to which you want to connect
- Sign into your social profile — and if you are already signed in, you will be re-directed back to the registration page
- Enter your information and click on the Complete button
- Welcome to #RewardsPoints — and you can connect your other social profile or profiles to earn more bonus Marriott Rewards points
- Use the buttons to follow @MarriottRewards on Twitter and Instagram to earn even more
- Be sure to set your Twitter and Instagram social profiles to Public so we can reward your posts
Select Terms and Conditions
Marriott Rewards points will be awarded to your account in near real-time after performing a qualifying social action, which vary based on each promotion.
Any points you earn through this initiative will not extend the expiration date of the points which are already in your Marriott Rewards membership account. #RewardsPoints will never post on your behalf or contact your followers.
Members of the Marriott Rewards frequent guest loyalty program who elect to earn frequent flier loyalty program miles instead of Marriott Rewards points are not eligible to participate in this promotion — but you can always change your preferences.
Members of the Ritz-Carlton Rewards frequent guest loyalty program are not eligible to participate in this promotion.
Members may not use the same loyalty program membership account number on greater than one #RewardsPoints account.
Other terms and conditions — including those of the Marriott Rewards frequent guest loyalty program — apply.
This promotion is certainly not the first time members of the Marriott Rewards frequent guest loyalty program have earned points simply from participating in social media. For example, according to this article written last year by SteveHacksTravel here at TravelZork, all you had to do was “to Marriott’s Instagram page, follow Marriott and submit the email address associated with your Marriott Rewards account” in order to earn a free and easy 500 points — but that promotion has since expired.
Although participating in this ongoing promotion can potentially earn enough points to stay for free for at least one night in many hotel properties of the Marriott International portfolio, keep in mind that it will not extend the expiration date of the points already in your Marriott Rewards membership account.
Source: Marriott Rewards.
TRAVEL DEALS – CRUISES
- 4 Night Bahamas Cruises from $204 on Carnival, only on Cruisedirect.com. $49 Deposits, Plus Up to $500 to Spend On Board!
- 7 Night Caribbean Cruises from $509 on Holland America, only Cruisedirect.com.Up to $1,300 to Spend On Board, Plus SUITES: FREE Drinks & Specialty Dining!
- 7 Night Caribbean Cruises from $1274 on Disney Cruise Line, only on Cruisedirect.com. CruiseDirect Exclusive: Disney Autograph Book, Plus Up to $1,000 to Spend On Board!