You might remember last year that Penn National Gaming purchased the Tropicana for $360 million. The purchase gave Penn National Gaming their second property in Las Vegas (M Resort is the other) and the first on the Vegas Strip. The Tropicana was renovated shortly before being sold, so a lot of PNG’s initial contribution to the Tropicana would be operational.
Penn National Gaming (PNG) is a national casino operator similar to Boyd Gaming and Caesars Entertainment. PNG is actually an international casino operator as one of their twenty properties is located in Canada (here’s the list of locations). When the purchase was made PNG said that the bulk of the operational consolidation at Tropicana would evolve around their players club, Marquee Rewards. Well, the time has come for Marquee Rewards to become a part of the Tropicana.
One of the best features of Marquee Rewards is that you can earn and use rewards and status at home and use them at either the Tropicana or M Resort in Las Vegas. Likewise, the benefits also translate back home. Linking local casinos around the country to Las Vegas is part of what makes Total Rewards so popular. The two Las Vegas properties now have a shuttle to take you from one hotel to the other if you can get to each without an added expense.
Points at M Resort, Tropicana and other PNG properties can only be earned only from gambling. You can earn rewards and benefits when you play slots, VLTs (video lottery terminals) and table games when you play using your Marquee Rewards card. All benefits, including tier points, are based on your rated level of play. Rated play varies by machine, game type, denomination, average bet and length of play.
Every 333 points earned at M Resort is equal to $1. These points may be used for cash back, free play or comps. According to a phone call with player services, the Tropicana doesn’t publish information how how to earn points. Once you gamble you can visit the reward club desk or swipe at a kiosk to see how many points you’ve earned.
The lack of transparency at the Tropicana isn’t a surprise. Not all Penn National properties offer the same rating so you will earn Tier Points and Marquee Comps differently at different casinos. Likewise, Tier Points and Marquee Comps may be earned for table games play at some Marquee Rewards locations. For example, you can’t even use or earn Marquee Comps at Zia Park.
Marquee Comps will expire if at least one Tier Point isn’t earned every six months. Players clubs may have their own expiration dates so check your local casino. Tropicana and M Resort have two earning periods. One period is from January 1 through June 30 and the other is July 1 through December 31.
A major benefit of a regional casino chain is that you can keep your rewards and comps active in Las Vegas without making the trip.
There are five tiers in Marquee Rewards. Like other tiered players clubs, each level includes the benefits from the previous tier level. The first three levels of the players club, Marquee, Celebrity and Producer are very similar. When you reach the top two tiers, Executive Producer and Icon you’ll see a significant jump in benefits. Similar to earning points, each casino may offer slightly different tier benefits.
Marquee (0 – 9,999)
- Receive special offers such as promotions, sweepstakes, special events, free play or VLT Play. This is based on how much you play
- Earn extra Tier Points towards the next Tier level at Marquee Rewards
Celebrity (10,000 – 29,999)
- Same as Marquee plus…
- Up to 30% off Carnival Cruise Lines trips
Producer (30,000 – 124,999)
- Same as Marquee plus…
- Preferred access to select restaurants and Player Services
- Up to 40% off Carnival Cruise Lines trips
Executive Producer (125,000 – 399,999)
- Same as Producer plus…
- Preferred parking
- Personal host
- VIP lounge access for player and guest (where available)
- Annual complimentary cruise up to 8 days with Carnival Cruise Lines
- Renewal gift
Icon ( 400,000 and up)
- Same as Executive Producer plus…
- A-Lister pass for one guest for VIP lounge (where available)
- Celebration Dinner of (once per renewal period) (Approximate value of dinner is $250)
- $500 Travel reimbursement towards cruise or Marquee Rewards location trip
- An annual complimentary 3-night trip to a Marquee Rewards location plus a $250 dining credit at the Marquee Rewards location of your choice
* No extra Tier Points towards the next Tier level at Marquee Rewards since you’re already at the top.
As you can see in the benefits section Carnival Cruise Lines is the largest chain-wide partner of Marquee Rewards. Regional casinos may have their own local partners for various promotions geared towards locals.
M Resorts and Tropicana are the two Las Vegas locations where you can use Marquee Rewards. There are 18 other casinos in the U.S. and Canada as well. You can see the full list of Penn National properties here.
TRAVEL DEALS – CRUISES
- 4 Night Bahamas Cruises from $204 on Carnival, only on Cruisedirect.com. $49 Deposits, Plus Up to $500 to Spend On Board!
- 7 Night Caribbean Cruises from $509 on Holland America, only Cruisedirect.com.Up to $1,300 to Spend On Board, Plus SUITES: FREE Drinks & Specialty Dining!
- 7 Night Caribbean Cruises from $1274 on Disney Cruise Line, only on Cruisedirect.com. CruiseDirect Exclusive: Disney Autograph Book, Plus Up to $1,000 to Spend On Board!