Welcome to the Miles, Points and Travel Hacks Weekly Round-Up
for the week of November 14th
Each week we sift through all of the posts, blogs, PR, hyperbole and rumors, boil it down and share the best stuff with you. A very busy week in the world of Miles, Points and Travel Hacks. So, let’s get going.
A big Fine Work award goes to TravelIsFree.com. They automated 1000’s of search on the Delta.com site to get data and award flights and created an award chart. Delta got rid of their award chart a few years ago and Delta frequent flyers have been less than happy with that “enhancement”. The chart is for the lowest number of SkyMiles to book the award. For example, Delta One service from the US to Australia is shown at 175K, but we’ve seen that route as high as 700K. Here’s a link to the chart.
The Fine Print
An email from Uber popped into inbox a couple of days ago. Like many folks, I use Uber a lot (and Lyft sometimes). I’ve got a bunch of travel lined up prior to the end of the year, so I expect to use them frequently. Here’s the basic details:
This holiday season, American Express Card Members can enjoy 2 free Uber rides (up to $65 each) originating from select airports. Just enter the code AMEXAIRPORT in your Uber app prior to requesting a ride, select an American Express Card as payment for the ride, and complete your trips before 12/31/16. Prepaid Cards not eligible.
That’s a nice offer. The key to the offer is the term “select airports”. The Fine Print can be found on their website with a bit of clicking and scrolling.
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA)
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
- Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW)
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
- Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
- McCarran International Airport (LAS)
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)
If you’ll be flying into any of these airports, don’t forget to enter AMEXAIRPORT into your Uber app.
The Finer Things
American Express is adding more than 70 new hotels to their Fine Hotels & Resorts program in 2017. I always check this program when I’m booking a luxury hotel stay. The prices are often competitive, but it’s the perks you get that usually take the value over the top:
- Noon check-in, when available
- Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available1
- Daily breakfast for two people
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Guaranteed 4pm late checkout
- Unique amenity valued at US$100, such as a food and beverage credit or one-way private sedan transfer
Here’s a few of the new additions:
- Velaa Private Island – A collection of private retreats located in a unique archipelago in Noonu Atoll.
- Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills – A luxurious urban oasis opening in spring of 2017 at the corner of Wilshire and Santa Monica Boulevards.
- Ham Yard Hotel – A stylish hotel set in the heart of bustling Soho near Piccadilly Circus.
I’ve used this program at the Monarch Beach Resort in California. It’s used to be a St. Regis and it’s an outstanding hotel.
That’s it for this week. If you have any tips, tricks, rumors or whispers, please email me – firstname.lastname@example.org
20% off sitewide for people with interesting interests.
Buy any 4 and get 20% off
SHOP Casino Designs – Face Coverings/Face Masks
Next Live Show