New England Casinos Summer SECTIONS BELOW INCLUDE include: NEWS, GAMBLING PROMOTIONS, SPECIAL EVENTS, FESTIVALS, AND ENTERTAINMENT
The New England Casinos Summer entertainment and event listings cover the entire summer, from June to September 1st.
New England Braces for the opening of Encore Boston Harbor
New England Casinos Summer – Our news focuses on the biggest resort project since the completion of Foxwoods 27 years ago – Encore Boston Harbor – all EBH for this month. After many bumps in the road, the largest private single-phase construction project in the history of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is finally ready to open.
Sitting on a 33-acre parcel of land previously used for industrial purposes along the Mystic River, the property sits on the border along side the city of Boston. Considered an integrated resort, Encore Boston Harbor includes a hotel, restaurants, a casino, spa, retail outlets, meeting and convention space. Year-round public amenities include a harborwalk with a picnic park, paths for bikers and pedestrians, viewing decks, waterfront dining and retail, a performance lawn, floral displays, and boat docks. The casino and hotel will house tens of millions of dollars’ worth of original paintings, sculptures, and mosaics, including THE $20 million dollar Jeff Koons statue of Popeye the Sailor.
This is how the third Massachusetts Resort came to be.
Bump #1 – New England Casino Gets Selected
When Massachusetts enacted the Expanded Gaming Act in 2011, the Massachusetts legislature established three regions which could contain one licensed casino. After a process of getting the Massachusetts Gaming Commission’s selection for the Boston region’s license, cleaning up the Everett site of toxic waste was the next step. The company removed nearly 1 million tons of contaminated sediment from the site and the Mystic River over 18 months. The final price tag was about $68 million. Now, Wynn Everett (first name) was ready to begin construction.
Bump #2 – New England Casino Wynn Encore’s Inside Problems
In early 2018, a number of sexual misconduct allegations were made against Steve Wynn, resulting in his departure from Wynn Resorts. The Gaming Commission opened an investigation of the allegations, leading the company to consider selling the under-construction casino, in case the investigation led to a negative outcome. The name of the project was changed to Encore Boston Harbor as part of an effort by Wynn Resorts to distance itself from its founder.
In late April 2019, the MGC assessed a $35 million fine for failing to disclose years of sexual misconduct allegations against Wynn Resorts, but cleared the way for the casino to open on June 23, 2019. A $500,000 fine was also levied against CEO Matthew Maddox. Rumors swirled about a sale to MGM International who owns the western region license with MGM Springfield, but that quickly fell apart.
Moving Forward – Encore Boston Harbor
The New England Casino Landscape is about to be changed for good. All other New England casinos will be watching Encore Boston Harbor. From Maine to Connecticut, Encore is about to change the way they all do business.
Encore Boston Harbor – Opens June 23rd
Scheduled to open June 23rd, Wynn officials recently outlined marketing and transportation plans. Joan Esneault, executive director of hotel sales and catering for Encore was reported as saying “…marketing presentations about the property are being made around the world and the company also is welcoming travel professionals and journalists for familiarization tours of the property and Boston.” “We have the only pairing of a major city and a major five-star luxury resort,” said Joan Esneault. “There really isn’t another city, when you think about it, in the country that has this type of a five-star casino resort in a major city, outside of Las Vegas.”
Wynn International marketing plans also include:
- The grand opening campaign meant to share the best of Massachusetts
- Advertising campaigns with print, broadcast, social media, and outdoor displays starting next week
- Partnering with dozens of chambers of commerce, tourism boards and associations to spread the word about the resort regionally
- Relationship building with the Boston Bruins, Celtics, Red Sox, and New England Patriots to secure box seats for VIPs and to market the resort to sports fans
- Promote Encore as a five-star resort destination in international marketing offices in California, Canada, Singapore, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Japan .
- Purchase $125,000 worth of gift certificates from select restaurants in Everett, Medford, Somerville and Malden for guests
Reservations Opening – Encore Boston Harbor
Jaclyn Reiss of the Boston Globe Staff, reports that the following restaurants are taking reservations – Sinatra, a pricey Italian joint that in Las Vegas serves caviar and $45 gnocchi, Rare Steakhouse, an upscale steakhouse with waterfront views, • Red 8, which features Cantonese dishes and dim sum classics.and Mystique, a 16,400 square-foot space that can accommodate 450 guests and features shareable, Asian-inspired dishes and sushi. On Deck Burger Bar, which will serve local beers, milkshakes, and burgers against a backdrop of 33 75-inch televisions and a panoramic view of the casino floor and Fratelli, an Italian restaurant that is the brainchild of two prominent North End restaurateurs — Frank DePasquale of Bricco and Nick Varano of Strega – are also ready for reservations.
The resort had already opened reservations for its 671 hotel rooms (567 standard and 104 suites) earlier this spring, with rooms starting at $645 per night, with suites costing from $1,245 to $2,650.
Transportation Is Important Part Of Plan
Wynn is anticipating eight million visitors a year, what the company says is more than the Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins and Patriots combined. A number of transportation proposals, including a pedestrian bridge over the Mystic River to the Assembly Orange line stop, as well as potential Silver Line and commuter rail stops. The casino will also offer a water taxi from Boston’s Seaport and the city’s Financial District, running every 20-30 minutes at a price of $7. Transportation options are:
- MBTA Orange Line
- MBTA Silver Line
- MBTA Blue Line (Grand Opening Special Service)
- Encore Premium Harbor Shuttle from Blue Line at Wonderland for a direct ride to the resort from Long Wharf.
- Premium Harbor Shuttle
MASSACHUSETTS: NORTH SHORE
MASSACHUSETTS: MERRIMACK VALLEY
MBTA & BUSES – map out your trip with multiple options
New England Casino Opens for business June 23rd
Come Visit the new Jewel of New England Casinos. As always, expect a less than perfect opening. But after the dust settles, look out New England, here comes Encore Boston Harbor.
FOXWOODS RESORT CASINO, Mashantucket CT
Foxwoods 301 Giveaway – Earn Entries • June 1 – 29; Weekly Drawings • Thursdays, 7:00 PM
Grand Prize Drawing • June 30, 7:00 PM
3x Tier Credits – June 14th & July 12, Tier up faster with TRIPLE TIER CREDITS. Earn TRIPLE TIER CREDITS on slots, table games, keno, poker and race book.
HOT SEAT DAYS: Flag Day Hotseat – June 14th from 2PM – 9PM. Drop Zone Hot Seat – June 28th, Beachball Hot Seat – June 29th, from 12pm – 8pm. Summer of Dreams Hot Seat – July 11th from 12PM – 8PM.
Free Live Out Loud T-Shirt, CELEBRATE PRIDE MONTH WITH FOXWOODS – Monday, June 17 • 2PM – 8PM
$1,000,000 Slot Tournament PLAY YOUR WAY TO LAS VEGAS. Daily Winners • July 1 – August 20 • 12pm – 6pm. Grand Finale • September 1 • 4pm – 6pm. Spin Zone in Great Cedar Casino
Firecracker Bingo, THE BIGGEST BINGO EVENT OF THE YEAR – July 6th. Doors open at 7AM. Games begin at 10:30AM
$25,000 Blackjack Tournament – June 1 thru July 20, EARN POINTS DAILY FOR YOUR CHANCE TO PLAY FOR UP TO $15,000!
ONGOING PROMOTIONS – SPECIAL MILITARY OFFERS & DISCOUNTS, Monday High Hand Poker Frenzy, Monday Poker Madness, Young & Fun Days, 55+ Offers
HOLLYWOOD Casino, Hotel & Raceway, BANGOR ME
Play 50, Eat Free – Mondays and Tuesdays in June between 8AM – 8PM, earn 50 tier points on your favorite slot machine or table game using your Marquee Rewards card and then swipe at our promotional kiosk to print a $15 Dining Credit to our Hops House 99 restaurant.
Jackpot Party – June 29th. WIN UP TO $750 FREE SLOTPLAY OR THE GRAND PRIZE OF $1,000 IN CASH
ONGOING PROMOS: QUEEN OF HEARTS PROGRESSIVE, BIRTHDAY BASH, Midweek Moolah, 50 PLUS REWARDS KIOSK, Freeplay Frenzy, Hollywood Legends Rewards Kiosk
MGM SPRINGFIELD, Springfield MA
MGM Millions – May 27 to July 27. M life® Rewards members can swipe their card at any promotional kiosk and receive one complimentary set of six numbers for that week’s MGM Millions drawing. Earn 1,500 slot points or 2,000 Tier Credits from table play and receive a second entry. Every Saturday at 8:00 PM
Mystery Point Multiplier – Monday, June 17th. Swipe at kiosk to activate your bonus point multiplier, up to 5X.
Spin & Win – Wednesdays in June 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Summer Celebration Swipe & Win –Thursdays in June, 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Tier Credit Multiplier – Tuesday in June Swipe at kiosk to activate Tier Credit Multiplier for entire day. Sapphire=2X, Pearl=3X, Gold=4X & Platinum / Noir=5X
Over Under – Fridays in June, 5-10PM. Earn one electronic entry for every slot point or Tier Credit from table play. Then beginning at 5:00 p.m., an entry will be chosen every 30 minutes to play the Over Under game.
ONGOING PROMOS: MILITARY & VETERANS PROGRAM
MOHEGAN SUN Resort Casino, Uncasville CT
MOHEGAN SUN’S KITE FLYIN’ GIVEAWAY– Monday, April 1st 2019, Daily until Sunday, June 30th 2019
Double Momentum Dollars & Double Status points – June 28th. Now includes POKER ROOM
Flag Day Pin – June 14
Triple Status Points – June 30th, July 7th, and July 25th
ONGOING PROMOTIONS – TURN 21 AT MOHEGAN SUN, FOREVER YOUNG WEDNESDAYS, Military Discounts
OXFORD CASINO & Hotel, Oxford ME
Anniversary Giveaway EVERY SATURDAY IN JUNE. Anniversary Drawings will be held upon conclusion of the Super 6 Saturday 7:00pm drawing, at approximately 7:15pm each Saturday.
The Great 250K Giveaway – Earn entries 10X faster on SUNDAYS – Every 50 Tier points will earn you an extra entry
7X Slot Points – Saturdays and Sundays in June from 7:00am – Noon
Earn Free Dinner Buffet – Tuesdays, Earn 200 tier points between 12 – 1PM, Thursdays, 400 points 5:00am and 7:00pm, Saturday 600 points 5:00am and 9:00pm to get a FREE Thursday Dinner buffet
ONGOING PROMOTIONS: 2018 Birthday Bash, SATURDAY – Super 6, TUESDAY – 15X Multiplier, WEDNESDAY – 15X Multiplier and Seniors Day, THURSDAY – Score 4, FRIDAY – Mega High 5 , Prime Rib Buffet, Weekend Breakfast Buffets
Plainridge Park Casino & Raceway, Plainville MA
Flag Giveaway – June 14th, 11:00AM
FATHER’S DAY GIFT GIVEAWAY –June 16, 11AM – 4PM. Earn 100 tier points on Father’s Day, to claim your 4-in-1 Emergency Tool
4TH ANNIVERSARY BBQ – June 24th, 3PM – 7PM. The first 400 guests to join us in the Promo Zone will receive a Super Defrosting Tray. ENJOY HOT DOGS, POPCORN & COTTON CANDY!
SUNDAY SLOTPLAY DRAWINGS – June 9 & 23, 1PM – 6PM
$25K SUPER PRIZE WHEEL – June 8, 15 & 22, 5PM – 9:30PM. 5 winners will be selected every half hour to spin the Super Prize Wheel. Each winner will spin the prize wheel three times. If those spins equal exactly $500, receive the Grand Prize of $25,000 cash. One winner every half hour will be awarded $500 Free SlotPlay from 1pm – 6pm.
SUPER PROGRESSIVE CASH JACKPOT – June 29th, 6PM – 9PM. Earn entries daily by swiping your Marquee Rewards card at any promotional kiosk.
ONGOING PROMOTIONS – 50+ REWARDS, P OF Diamonds, SPRING FEVER HOT SEAT
Tiverton Casino & Hotel, Tiverton, RI
$100,000 Cruising Summer Sweepstakes – EARN: Monday, May 27 – Sunday, June 30, 2019
WIN: Fridays, May 31, June 7, 14, 21 and 28, 2019 and Sundays, June 2, 9, 16, 23, and 30, 2019 from 12pm – 9pm; 4 winners every win $250 Free Slot Play. Then on Sunday, June 30 at 9pm, one lucky guest will win a Norwegian Cruise Line getaway for Two and $500 Free Slot Play!
$100,000 Sizzling Slot Tournament Saturdays – Saturdays, June 1, 8, 15, 22 & 29, 2019 from 2pm-10pm
Match Your Connecticut/Plainville, MA Slot Offer – Once EVERY Sunday thru Saturday from 10AM-10PM!
New England Casinos Summer – EVENTS SCHEDULE
Thru Sept. 1 – Liquid Sunday at Foxwoods
June 11 – CT Sun vs Washington Mytics, Mohegan Sun Arena 7:00PM
June 21 – CT Sun vs Atlanta Dream, Mohegan Sun Arena 7:30PM
June 23 – Live Championship Boxing, at the Fox Theater, Foxwoods, 5:30PM
June 26-29 – BARRETT-JACKSON Collector Car Auction
JUNE 28 – JULY 7 – Summer Turbo Poker Series
June 29 – America’s Greatest Game Shows hosted by Erik Estrada at Twin River Event Center, 7:00pm
July 5 thru August 30 – Hot Summer Fun Party Rooftop Concert Series, the Riverview Garage Rooftop, Mohega Sun
July 5 & 6 – AMERICAN CORNHOLE LEAGUE NATIONAL TOURNAMENT #4 at Earth Expo & Convention Center, 8:00AM, Mohegan Sun
July 6 – CT Sun vs Minnesota Lynx, Mohegan Sun Arena 2:00PM
July 10 – The Great American Hemp & Blues Fest at Earth Ballroom, 1:00PM, Mohegan Sun
July 12 – CT Sun vs Phoenix Mercury, Mohegan Sun Arena 2:00PM
July 19 – CT Sun vs Atlanta Dream, Mohegan Sun Arena 7:30PM
July 24 – CT Sun vs NY Liberty, Mohegan Sun Arena 11:30PM
July 30 – CT Sun vs Chicago Sky, Mohegan Sun Arena 7:00PM
August 1 – CT Sun vs Phoenix Mercury, Mohegan Sun Arena 7:00PM
August 9 thru 11 – Terrificon at Earth Expo & Convention Center, Mohegan Sun
August 16 – CT Sun vs Seattle Storm, Mohegan Sun Arena 7:30PM
August 17 & 18 – CT PSYCHIC & BEYOND EXPO at Earth Expo & Convention Center, Mohegan Sun
August 23 – August 16 – CT Sun vs Las Vegas Aces, Mohegan Sun Arena 7:30PM
August 31 / Sept. 1 – NEW ENGLAND FOOD TRUCK FESTIVAL, Mohegan Sun
Summer ENTERTAINMENT SCHEDULE
May thru August 1st – MGM LIVE! New outdoor concert series
June thru Sept – Darling Waterfront Concert Series, Bangor Maine; Hotel Packages at Hollywood Bangor
July 5 thru August 30 – Hot Summer Fun Party Rooftop Concert Series, the Riverview Garage Rooftop, Mohegan Sun
June 13 – Pentatonix with Rachel Platten at Mohegan Sun Arena, 8:00PM
- The Fab Faux Performing a Glorious Hodgepodge of Beatles – at the Fox Theater, Foxwoods, 8:00PM
- HERMAN’S HERMITS STARRING PETER NOONE – at Wolf Den, Mohegan Sun Arena, 8:00PM (free)
- Wu Tang Clan – at Mohegan Sun Arena, 8:00PM
June 15 – Bob Marley at the Fox Theater, Foxwoods, 8:00PM
- Diana Ross at the Grand Theater, Foxwoods, 8:00PM
- SPECIAL PERFORMANCE BY LUDACRIS + MUSIC BY DJ SPADE at Novelle, Mohegan Sun , 10:00PM
- Lonestar at Twin River Event Center, 8:00pm
- Martina McBride at Twin River Event Center, 8:00pm
- MUSIC BY DJ CASSIDY + SPECIAL GUESTS KHLOE KARDASHIAN, CIARA AND MANY MORE at Novelle, Mohegan Sun , 10:00PM
June 23 – Michael McDonald and Chaka Khan at the Grand Theater, Foxwoods, 7:30PM
June 28 – Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo and Melissa Etheridge at the Grand Theater, Foxwoods, 7:00PM
- Boz Scaggs: Out of The Blues Tour 2019 at Twin River Event Center, 8:00pm
- New Kids on the Block at Mohegan Sun Arena, 7:30PM
- Alice Cooper at the Grand Theater, Foxwoods, 8:00PM
- Toby Keith at Mohegan Sun Arena, 8:00PM
- Foghat at Wolf Den, Mohegan Sun Arena, 8:00PM (free)
July 6 – Billy Bob Thornton & The Boxmasters, at Wolf Den, Mohegan Sun Arena, 8:00PM (free)
- Kansas at the Fox Theater, Foxwoods, 7:00PM
- Little Big Town at Mohegan Sun Arena, 7:30PM
July 9 & 10 – Phish at Mohegan Sun Arena, 7:30PM
- Motor City Live at Twin River Event Center, 7:00pm
- Sublime with Rome at Mohegan Sun Arena, 8:00PM
- Anthony Hamilton & Musiq Soulchild at the Grand Theater, Foxwoods, 8:00PM
- Rob Schneider at the Fox Theater, Foxwoods, 8:00PM
- Vic DiBitetto at the Fox Theater, Foxwoods, 7:30PM
- Queen Latifah at Mohegan Sun Arena, 8:00PM
- Motor City Live at Twin River Event Center, 7:00pm
- Amos Lee & Bruce Hornsby and the Noisemakers at the Grand Theater, Foxwoods, 7:30PM
July 19 – “WEIRD AL” YANKOVIC | The Strings Attached Tour 2019 at the Grand Theater, Foxwoods, 8:00PM
- Lionel Richie at Mohegan Sun Arena, 7:30PM
- Nickelodeon’s JoJo Siwa D.R.E.A.M. The Tour at the Grand Theater, Foxwoods, 7:00PM
- Sinatra Meets The Sopranos at the Fox Theater, Foxwoods, 8:00PM
July 21 – ELVIS COSTELLO & THE IMPOSTERS AND BLONDIE at Mohegan Sun Arena, 7:00PM
July 23 – The Sunshine Tour: Pablo Cruise, Orleans & Firefall at Twin River Event Center, 8:00pm
July 25 – Motor City Live at Twin River Event Center, 7:00pm
- Godsmack at Mohegan Sun Arena, 8:00PM
- Everclear at Wolf Den, Mohegan Sun Arena, 8:00PM (free)
July 26 & 27 – Reba McEntire at the Grand Theater, Foxwoods, 8:00PM
July 27 – Big Bad Voodoo Daddy at Wolf Den, Mohegan Sun Arena, 8:00PM (free)
- Jeffrey Osborne Celebrity Classic All Star Comedy Explosion – at Twin River Event Center, 8:00pm
- Ben Folds and the Violent Femmes at Mohegan Sun Arena, 7:30PM
- Aaron Lewis: State I’m In Tour at the Grand Theater, Foxwoods, 7:00PM
August 1 – Motor City Live at Twin River Event Center, 7:00pm
- A Woodstock Experience to Benefit St. Jude’s Hospital at the Fox Theater, Foxwoods, 8:00PM
- Steve Miller Band & Marty Stuart & His Fabulous Superlatives at the Grand Theater, Foxwoods, 8:00PM
- Lady Antebellum at Mohegan Sun Arena, 8:00PM
- A Woodstock Experience to Benefit St. Jude’s Hospital at the Fox Theater, Foxwoods, 7:30PM
- Brian Adams & Billy Idol at Mohegan Sun Arena, 8:00PM
- Jerry Seinfeld at the Grand Theater, Foxwoods, 8:00PM
August 4 – Rob Thomas with Abby Anderson at Mohegan Sun Arena, 8:00PM
- Tesla at the Grand Theater, Foxwoods, 8:00PM
- Jon Bellion at Mohegan Sun Arena, 8:00PM
- Tom Segura at the Grand Theater, Foxwoods, 8:00PM
- WHY DON’T WE WITH SPECIAL GUEST EBEN at Mohegan Sun Arena, 7:00PM
- 85 South Show – DC Young Fly, Karlous Miller & Chico Bean at the Fox Theater, Foxwoods, 8:00PM
- Air Supply at Twin River Event Center, 8:00pm
- Chris Tucker at Mohegan Sun Arena, 8:00PM
- Hammer’s House Party at the Grand Theater, Foxwoods, 8:00PM
August 11 – Train & Goo Goo Dolls at Mohegan Sun Arena, 7:00PM
August 16 – Mark Knopfler at the Grand Theater, Foxwoods, 8:00PM
- The O’Jays & Kool and The Gang at the Grand Theater, Foxwoods, 8:00PM
- Jonas Brothers at Mohegan Sun Arena, 7:30PM
- An Evening with Jill Scott at the Grand Theater, Foxwoods, 8:00PM
- Nickelback – at Mohegan Sun Arena, 7:30PM
- Bad Company at Twin River Event Center, 8:00pm
- Squeeze • The Squeeze Songbook Tour at the Fox Theater, Foxwoods, 8:00PM
- Ron White at the Grand Theater, Foxwoods, 8:00PM
- Daughtry at Mohegan Sun Arena, 7:30PM
August 25 – Lenny Kravitz at the Grand Theater, Foxwoods, 7:00PM
August 30 – Brooks & Dunn at the Grand Theater, Foxwoods, 8:00PM
August 30 – Shawn Mendes with Special Guest Alessia Cara at Mohegan Sun Arena, 7:30PM
OTHER CASINO ENTERTAINMENT VENUES include:
- The Wolf Den, Mohegan Sun – Located in the center of the action, in Casino of the Earth, offers full beverage service, a state-of-the-art sound system, intimate seating and top performances by headliners. For complete schedule, click HERE.
- Hollywood Bangor now offers two venues for live weekend music – 99 Hops House & the Sound Stage. Click Here for schedule. Summer Concert Series at the Darling Waterfront Pavillion is walking distance from Bangor Hollywood Casino (seasonal)
- Tiverton offers duos almost every weekend. Click HERE for schedule.
- Twin River Casino Lighthouse Lounge – right in the middle of the downstairs casino. Shipyard Pub – Upstairs in Non-smoking.
- Tiverton Casino – Center Bar
- Plainridge Park Casino – the Revolution Lounge offers entertainment on the weekends
- MGM Springfield – Commonwealth Bar & Lounge
- Foxwoods – Atrium Lounge – Live bands on the weekend, specialty cocktails and great time.
Visiting New England’s Casinos?
Robin T. Aubin (AKA Binbin at NETimeGambling) has been a guest on Cousin Vito’s Casino Podcast, The Bettor Life Podcast, The Art in the Game Podcast featuring all that is Springfield, Massachusetts. as well as ZorkCast with Michael Trager. As founder of NETimeGambling.com, he has tried to provide a resource for recreational gamblers featuring New England’s expanding casino market events, gambling promotions and entertainment. As a professional musician for over 50 years, he has performed in some of New England’s best venues, namely Mohegan Sun’s Wolf Den, Foxwoods’ Atrium Lounge, and Twin River’s Lighthouse Bar & Lounge.
LINKS to New England Casinos
- Connecticut – Foxwoods Resort/Casino and Mohegan Sun Resort/Casino
- Rhode Island – Tiverton Casino Hotel and Twin River Hotel/Casino
- Massachusetts – Plainridge Park Casino & Raceway, MGM Springfield and Encore Boston Harbor
- Maine – Oxford Casino and Hollywood Bangor Hotel, Casino & Raceway.
“NETimeGambling” is a non-monetized blog created with my own personal interest and passion concerning the gambling industry. I love its history and its ongoing evolution and expansion. Add my love for New England, and you have this blog. Come share my passion and visit us.
The goal of NETimeGambling is to provide a service and resource for any recreational gambler visiting New England’s expanding casino market and interested in gambling tips, news, advice and the latest in events, gambling promotions and entertainment.
Follow us on twitter at @NETimeGambling, and on Facebook at NEtimegambling. Come join the New England Casinos Facebook Group and chat about experiences at our New England Casinos.