Ritz-Carlton, the most recognized luxury brand in the Marriott portfolio of hotels, is upping their game with improvements to their co-branded Chase credit card. The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card is being upgraded to the VISA Infinite platform, which carries with it a number of new benefits.
- Unlimited $100 discounts on two or more domestic airline tickets
- Worldwide access to more than 900 airport lounges through Priority Pass
- Global Entry application fee reimbursement credit
- Car rental discount and upgrades
Leveraging Visa Infinite Platform
The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card is the first co-brand credit card in the U.S. on the Visa Infinite platform. Visa Infinite cardholders enjoy instant access to dozens of premium benefits – in addition to the rewards they already earn.
The top end of the credit card market is working hard to attract well-heeled consumers to their offerings. Right now, American Express Platinum, American Express Centurion (By Invite Only) and The Citi Prestige are the preeminent cards in the luxury space. With a brand like Ritz Carlton, Marriott is seeking to capitalize on the cachè of the RC name. All of these cards carry annual fees of at least $400, with the AMEX Centurion coming in at a significant $7,500 to join and $2,500 in annual fees. This news also comes out just as rumors are circulating about a new Chase Sapphire Reserve card slated for announcement sometime around August 21st.
The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card offers the following benefits, all for a $450 annual fee:
- Unlimited $100 discounts on two or more domestic airline tickets (New)
- Worldwide access to more than 900 airport lounges through Priority Pass (New)
- Global Entry application fee reimbursement credit (New)
- Car rental discount and upgrades (New)
- $300 annual travel credit
- No foreign transaction fees
- Cardmember events, including exclusive sports, entertainment and culinary experiences
- Three The Ritz-Carlton Club Level upgrades annually on paid stays of up to seven nights, subject to availability
- Automatic Gold Elite status in Ritz-Carlton Rewards for the first year and maintain after spending $10,000 each year
- Platinum Elite status in Ritz-Carlton Rewards after spending $75,000 each year
- $100 hotel credit on each paid stay of two nights or longer
- Five points for every $1 spent at participating The Ritz-Carlton hotels or worldwide partner brands within the Marriott International portfolio, including JW Marriott, EDITION, Autograph Collection, Renaissance Hotels and Marriott Hotels
- Two points for every $1 spent on airline tickets purchased directly with the airline, at car rental agencies and restaurants
- One point for every $1 spent anywhere else
To apply for The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card, visit http://requestritzcarltoncard.com. New cardmembers will receive three complimentary nights at participating The Ritz-Carlton hotels (Tier 1-4) after spending $5,000 in the first three months after account opening.
Book a flight + Wynn Las Vegas or Encore hotel package of two nights or more, and enjoy a complimentary daily breakfast buffet for two.
Plus, receive exclusive savings on select room categories.