Vegas News June 20, 2021
Vegas Is Hot
It’s that time of the year again. We’re reminded that Las Vegas can get hot. It’s so hot this year that two daily high-temperature records have already been broken. While I don’t love the dry heat, it’s better than the swampy east coast air in the summer. It’s also better than dealing with snow in the winter. It took my body about seven years to acclimate to the weather. If you don’t love the topic of Vegas Weather, we have some news about how Resorts World goes cashless.
The only thing more annoying than talking about the weather is talking about parking and resort fees. Having said that, here are a few tips that will make dealing with the heat more tolerable.
This should be obvious, but it’s noticeably cooler in the shade. Las Vegas will still hot but it’s about 10-15 degrees cooler when you’re not in direct sunlight.
Don’t forget to hydrate your body inside and out. Everyone knows to drink water but there are more ways to hydrate yourself.
Try to avoid cracked lips by using lip balm. I used to always forget regular-priced lip balm from home when I visited Las Vegas. I almost always ended up paying 2-3 times the regular cost for chapstick in the casinos.
Use body moisturizer often. Skin will get dry when it’s so hot. If you bring sanitizer, make sure it has moisturizer too. The regular stuff will dry your skin. I hate getting dry skin and moisturize often.
The casinos are full of cool air. It can get so cold inside casinos during the summer that you might need to bring a sweater. Vegas can be strange like that.
Las Vegas Quick Hits
Once again, there’s lots of news of what’s coming and going in Las Vegas. We’re going to kick off the Quick Hits with something you should have been expecting if you read TravelZork.
Quick Hits – Caesars, Is it Cost-Cutting or Streamlining?
- Caesars continues to streamline expenses by consolidating Caesars Rewards Loyalty Program desks with cashier cages.
Vital Vegas (@VitalVegas) June 18, 2021https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js
- Caesars isn’t the first casino operator to put the two services in one space. During my last to Paris Las Vegas a few weeks ago the Caesars Rewards rep offered zero assistance to my Diamond level friend. We were told to use the kiosk. The process will be the same moving forward. As someone who prefers kiosks to humans, this doesn’t bother me.
- This move makes sense for a company looking to increase revenue and reduce expenses. This will allow Caesars to use the space on the casino floor for revenue-generating games, amenities, or services.
- Expect to see more consolidation from #NewCaesars. This was the plan even before the merger with Eldorado was approved.
- The great thing is that we don’t have to spend time or money where we don’t find value. If you don’t like this or other changes at Caesars, you should feel free to go elsewhere. TravelZork does a great job detailing rewards programs if you want to make a switch.
- If you’re Diamond or Seven Stars at Caesars you can explore Wynn with the current status match deal. Read more here.
- The Wynn buffet reopens on July 1. Read more here.
- Speaking of value, I enjoyed the full-service buffet at Wynn last year but didn’t think the price was a good deal. Read about that here.
Quick Hits – Resorts World Goes Cashless
- Resorts World will offer cashless everything. There will also be some other gaming enhancements like a TITO system where tickets work at slots AND table games. I wrote about all of it here.
- There’s a fee for going cashless at Resorts World. You can still use cash, credit cards, or charge to your room if you prefer not paying the fee.
- Rhumbar at The Mirage is closing. A new concept will open in the space. Read more here.
- Crazy Girls got the boot from PLANET HOLLYWOOD Las Vegas Resort and so did the butts. Have you heard any rumors about those butts? Read more here.
- Caesars dropped the entire World Series Of Poker schedule this week. Read more here.
- All Cirque Du Soleil shows should be open by October. Michael Jackson “One” at Mandalay Bay will be the next to open. Read more here.
- Bruno Mars has more residency dates at Park MGM. Read more here.
- Joel Robuchon restaurants at MGM Grand are reopening in July. Read more here.
- Rod Stewart is coming back to Caesars Palace Las Vegas. Read more here.
- I love steak and can’t wait to try the steakhouse at Resorts World. Maybe they’ll open just in time for my birthday. Read more here.
- Nevada has a lottery! HOLLA! Read more here.
- The Vegas Golden Knights are going to play a practice game in Utah. Read more here.
- Life Is Beautiful added 10 new performers you probably never heard of. Read more here.
- Expect to see traffic trying to exit the freeway in downtown Las Vegas. Read more here.
- Speaking of traffic, there will be a little less around Resorts World. Read more here.
Also, be sure to join the ZorkCast Group on FaceBook. This is the Facebook group to continue the conversation from the ZorkCast podcast and TravelZork website. Feel free to start a conversation related to anything TravelZork or ZorkCast.
Want direct access to casino news, casino reviews, narratives, loyalty programs, and video poker? Visit our casino/Vegas section directly at CasinoZork. Join the thousands of people who read TravelZork every month! Sign up here for one email per week updates. (Email is sent weekly on Monday and now includes EXCLUSIVE tips and commentary!)