Atlantic City April 2020
Gambling At Home
With the closing of Atlantic City’s land-based casinos, as well as those in nearby states – Pennsylvania, New York and Delaware – there still are plenty of options if you really need to get your gambling fix (for Atlantic City April). This also includes gambling at home.
All you need is a good internet connection and a smartphone, tablet, or a laptop or desktop computer. At most licensed online casinos you can play for free; at others – as long as you’re physically present in the state – you might even earn a little extra cash (or lose some!). But first, you have to confirm you’re at least 21 years old – even to play the free games.
Gambling At Home
All the Atlantic City casinos offer online gaming – both for free and using real money:
- Bally’s and Caesars Atlantic City – CaesarsGames.com
- Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa – Borgata Online,Bet MGM
- Golden Nugget Casino, Hotel & Marina – Golden Nugget Casino
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Atlantic City – Hard Rock Casino
- Harrah’s Resort – Harrahs Casino
- Ocean Casino Resort – Ocean Online Casino
- Resorts Casino Hotel – Resorts Casino , Draft Kings (see promotional offer below)
- Tropicana Atlantic City – Tropicana Casino
All these sites offer a variety of slot machines, table games and video poker. Tropicana Casino even offers a free bingo game every 30 minutes.
Casinos in Delaware, New York, Pennsylvania and other states offer similar online options.
Everything AC Casinos (Atlantic City)
Promotions and bonuses – Gambling At Home
To encourage new players – especially now, with casinos around the country closed for business – many online casinos are offering special promotions and bonuses. To see some of the offers currently available visit iGamingPlayer and click on the Promos tab.
If you’re going to play for real money (gambling at home), and don’t already have an account, be prepared to provide such personal information as – at a minimum – your name, home address, cell phone number, email, Social Security number, and date of birth. You’ll also have to fund your new account with a credit or debit card, eCheck, or by using services like PayPal or Skrill.
In addition, you may have to download an app, available at the App Store. (Android users will be directed to an alternate site which differs for each casino.) Check, too, to see if your online play may earn tier credits and/or comp dollars in the associated land-based casino’s player loyalty program. Some online casinos have their own loyalty programs, as well.
Online poker and slots
Currently, there are four states – Delaware, Nevada, New Jersey and Pennsylvania – that offer legal online poker. The World Series Of Poker site, WSOP.com, is currently the only site that shares online poker players among Delaware, Nevada and New Jersey. For players in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, there’s PokerStars.com.
Finally, there are numerous websites which offer free online slot machine play. Googling “Free Online Slot Machines” will bring up hundreds of options. Just be aware that “free” can mean lots of pop-up ads, as well as the potential for spam and malware.
Answers to your questions – Atlantic City April
I have comp dollars and cashback expiring during the time the Atlantic City casinos are temporarily closed. Will I lose these?
- Bally’s and Caesars Atlantic City, Harrah’s Resort – In a March 23 statement, Caesars Entertainment said, throughout the temporary closure – and for at least the next 60 days, Caesars Rewards credits will not expire. “Our customers can also rest assured that we’ve taken into account the temporary closure and it will not impact their future offers. This is an unprecedented and evolving situation, and more communication will be shared in the coming weeks.” To learn more, watch a video by Caesars CEO Tony Rodio which is below.
- Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa – No earned Slot Dollars will expire until August 2020. In addition, Borgata has suspended Points and Express Comps expirations through Wednesday, Sept. 30.
- Golden Nugget Atlantic City Hotel, Casino & Marina – Golden Nugget has yet to announce a policy on this.
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Atlantic City – Hard Rock is freezing comp dollar expiration dates so no one will lose any earned comp dollars during the temporary closing. “We will pro-rate your tier point earnings based on the length of our closure to ensure you are not penalized,” said President Joe Lupo. “We will offer a 2X tier point promotion upon opening that will run through May 31, 2020.”
- Ocean Casino Resort – According to The Ocean AC Website, comp dollars and same day free play balances will not expire during the temporary closure.
- Resorts Casino Hotel – According to an online letter from President and CEO Mark Giannantonio, “Your cashback, comp dollars and card status will not expire while we are closed. When we reopen we will give you details on the new expiration dates.”
- Tropicana Atlantic City – According to a question-and-answer section on Tropicana’s website, “comp dollars will not be expiring during the closure” and “there will not be any tier downgrades while our property is closed.”
It’s nice that someone in New Jersey can gamble online for money, but what about those of us who live in Delaware or Pennsylvania?
Delaware’s three casinos all offer online gaming – both playing for free and with real money:
- Casino Delaware Park – DelawarePark.com/iGaming
- Dover Downs Hotel & Casino – OnlineGaming.DoverDowns.com
- Harrington Raceway & Casino – HarringtonGamingOnline.com
Pennsylvania has 11 casinos that offer online gaming – both playing for free and with real money:
- Rivers Casino Philadelphia – RiversCasinoPhiladelphia.com, BetRivers.com.
- Harrah’s Philadelphia – Caesars.com/Harrahs-Philly.
- Wind Creek Bethlehem – WindCreekBethlehem.com.
- Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course – HollywoodPNRC.com.
- Valley Forge Casino Resort – VFCasino.com.
- Parx Casino and Racing – ParxCasino.com.
- Lady Luck Casino Nemacolin – LadyLuckNemacolin.com.
- Mount Airy Casino Resort Spa – MountAiryCasino.com.
- Rivers Casino Pittsburgh – RiversCasino.com/Pittsburgh.
- Mohegan Sun Pocono – MoheganSunPocono.com.
- The Meadows Casino Racing Hotel – MeadowsGaming.com.
Other Suggestions – Atlantic City April
I just can’t get into gambling from home. Any other suggestions on what I can do?
- Create or update a spreadsheet with your tier credit and comp dollar earnings and balances. To download an Excel spreadsheet which you can personalize with your own data, visit Mr AC Casino and scroll to the bottom of the page.
- If applicable, gather your Win/Loss statements from casinos at which you’ve played during 2019. Most casinos post these online. You’ll need these to file your 2019 federal income taxes.
- Watch these gambling-themed films, all of which take place in Atlantic City or Las Vegas:
Atlantic City (1980)
The Cooler (2003)
The Hangover (2009)
Honeymoon in Vegas (1992)
Leaving Las Vegas (1995)
Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous (2005)
Ocean’s Eleven (2001)
Ocean’s 11 (1960)
Ocean’s Thirteen (2007)
Rain Man (1988)
Vegas Vacation (1997)
- TravelZork ZorkCast Live “weekly” Webcast with special guests.
Five Entertaining Gambling Films That You Probably Haven’t Seen
Recreational gambler Darryl D. McEwen is the publisher of the Seven Stars Insider – both the website (SevenStarsInsider.com) and the monthly newsletter. For a free subscription to the newsletter, email him at SevenStarsInsider@gmail.com and tell him how you heard about it. You also can download the newsletter from the website where he frequently updates news about Caesars Entertainment Corp. and Caesars Rewards under “Latest News” on the Home page. In addition, be sure to follow @7StarsInsider on Twitter. Darryl also writes a bi-weekly column, Mr. AC Casino, for the Atlantic City Weekly. The companion website is MrACCasino.com and the matching Twitter account is @MrACCasino. A former professional journalist, based in Wilmington, Delaware, Darryl is president of his own consulting firm that manages several small national and international trade associations, and provides public relations and fundraising services for a number of charitable organizations.