Vegas News February 21, 2021
Before we share a huge amount of Vegas Quick Hits and the rumor about Hamilton in Vegas….. We’re going to start Vegas News off a bit differently this week. I received a rare Saturday morning marketing email from a gaming company that I have to share. The video below is for “The New Unicoaster Roulette from US Thrill rides!”
This is a roulette-inspired casino ride and game. There isn’t much more information about this beyond the video above. This is not in Las Vegas but I wanted to share because I’m slightly obsessed with the concept.
Is this the future of casino games? Maybe Circus Circus will bring this to the Adventuredome someday.
Las Vegas Quick Hits
Las Vegas Quick Hits
No introduction this week. We’re going straight into the Vegas News with a series of Quick Hits.
- Last week we hinted that MGM Resorts was preparing to reopen all of its properties. This week the company announced Mandalay Bay, The Mirage and Park MGM are reopening 24/7 on March 3. Read more here.
- Two weeks ago we gave you a heads up that a couple of dayclubs had opening dates scheduled. This week Hakkasan announced that Wet Republic at MGM Grand is opening on March 5. Liquid Pool at Aria opens the following week on March 12. The terrace at Omnia (Caesars Palace Las Vegas) is opening on March 5. You can find more info here.
- MGM Resorts is bringing back more entertainment than it did the last time the company tried to welcome you to the show last year. This time Terry Fator joins David Copperfield, Carrot Top, and a few other shows opening to audiences. You can find showtimes, dates, and ticketing information here.
More Quick Hits
Rumor of the Week
Hamilton in Vegas?
- Rumor of the week – Hamilton in Vegas? : Paris Las Vegas will be home to a “Hamilton” residency. You can read about that here. On a related note, it appears as though “Hamilton” will return to the Smith Center next year. The two shows will likely have a different cast.
- This is fun. Redbook created this neat slideshow so you can see “What Las Vegas Looked Like the Year You Were Born.” Check it out here.
- Las Vegas Motor Speedway has been granted approval to have fans in attendance for the NASCAR races in March. The specific number of tickets they’ll be allowed to sell is still TBD. Read more here.
- Similarly, the Vegas Golden Knights have submitted a plan to allow fans to watch games in person at T-Mobile Arena. The request for 20% of capacity hasn’t been approved just yet. Stay tuned. Read more here.
- The airport will have a new name later this year. The only thing that matters to me is the code for when I’m booking a flight. I haven’t seen whether or not the LAS code will be different. Feel free to drop a comment if you know about a new airport code. Read more here if you care about the name of a building.
- Station Casinos is changing the name of cafes in five casinos. Don’t be surprised if the new name and menu come with higher prices. Read more here.
- Wynn Resorts (Wynn Las Vegas) is excited by the number of awards its venues around the world have received on this year’s Forbes Travel Guide. You can see all of the Las Vegas winners here. As always, there are plenty of great 4 and 5-star options in Las Vegas.
- There was a fire on a terrace at the Cosmopolitan. This happened after my last visit. I had no involvement. Read more here.
- The Plaza is celebrating its 50 year anniversary. See details and promotions here.
4th times a charm! TICKETS ON SALE NOW💥More bands still TBA!— 𝙿𝚄𝙽𝙺 𝚁𝙾𝙲𝙺 𝙱𝙾𝚆𝙻𝙸𝙽𝙶 (@PunkRockBowling) February 16, 2021
More info and tickets – https://t.co/CbUAaEEvkB#punkrockbowling pic.twitter.com/aEQK9o1S7R
- Punk Rock Bowling is now scheduled for Sept. 24-26 at the Downtown Las Vegas Events Center. See the lineup and more information here. This is the first event listed for the venue this year.
Damn! New high limit room at @ElCortezLV is fleek AF. That’s code for lit. pic.twitter.com/VUJeFmeBGr— Vital Vegas (@VitalVegas) February 16, 2021
Even More Quick Hits
High Limit Rooms ‘Scoop
- The Strat has a new high limit room with two double-deck blackjack games, one six-deck stand soft 17 blackjack table, and five baccarat tables. I wonder if the baccarat_guy will venture to the hood for a squeeze game. Read more here.
- Speaking of new high limit rooms, the El Cortez has a high limit room with two blackjack games and a few slot machines. At least it’s pretty. Read/see more here. (Some even say, it’s “fleek AF.”)
- Aliante Casino is testing a new cashless gaming system for Boyd Gaming properties. If it passes the field trial, expect to see it at Gold Coast, The Orleans, etc. Read more here.
- Evidently, someone stole the bust of Kirk Kerkorian from Legacy Club at Circa. It was found at Four Queens. Read more here.
- Cris Angel is putting an EDM magic show together. There’s no venue listed for the show in this announcement so this may or may not happen. Read more here.
- Raiders Tavern & Grill at M Resort will open in the next few weeks. Read more here.
- Speaking of Henderson casinos, you can read about the plans for Pass Casino here.
- Shadow Creek will host an LPGA event. Read more here.
- I’ll get around to visiting Area 15 someday. It looks cool but nothing looks all that interesting to me. The Omega Mart installation just opened. Read more here.
- Randy’s Donuts from LA is planning to open seven stores in Las Vegas. Read more here.