Vegas News June 6, 2021
Vegas Is Busy
Memorial Day Weekend was the busiest time in Las Vegas in more than a year. It was great being in the pre-holiday mix. That’s my favorite time to enjoy the Vegas Strip. There’s a bit of a buzz, but it’s not too busy. Things in Las Vegas are slowing down for a little while. Table game minimums are returning to normal at most casinos on the Vegas Strip. John Mehaffey checked the scene on the Vegas Strip if you’re curious for specifics. It’s fantastic news that Vegas is busy!
Next Big Date
The next big date on the calendar for Las Vegas is the July 4th weekend. This is usually a busy time in Las Vegas, but last year there was a thing that didn’t allow for too much fun. This year, July 4th weekend will once again be the busy, enjoyable, and chaotic vacation destination so many have come to love.
July 4th Fireworks
The celebration will hit a high note on the Vegas Strip at 11 p.m. on July 4. The city will launch a themed, coordinated firework show from the rooftops of Aria, Caesars Palace Las Vegas, PLANET HOLLYWOOD Las Vegas Resort, Resorts World Las Vegas, The Strat, Treasure Island, and The Venetian. As a New Yorker, I always appreciate seeing the fireworks show being put on by the Grucci family. Their fireworks shows are usually as good as fireworks can be.
There will also be fireworks off the Vegas Strip at Plaza, Red Rock Casino, and Green Valley Ranch if you prefer watching the boom booms elsewhere.
The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) has a big list of shows, residencies, and concerts taking place in Las Vegas this summer here. Lining up this much entertainment in a short time is quite impressive. Check out the list if you’re looking for something to do in the evenings this summer.
Las Vegas returning to normal is great for a lot of reasons. Personally, I appreciate the stability of knowing what’s going to be happening. I live by a fairly strict schedule. Everything from work assignments to laundry is on my schedule. The uncertainty of the past year was a bit of a pain since I didn’t know what to expect.
Moving forward….VIVA LAS VEGAS!
Las Vegas Quick Hits
Las Vegas Quick Hits
Las Vegas is gearing up for a busy second half of the year. There are multiple entertainment announcements daily. It’s a bit much for someone that creates their own entertainment at the Pai Gow Poker table or video poker machine but I’m here for you!
Looking Towards The Future
Regular Las Vegas news is starting to take shape as well. Soon we will start looking at what the future of Las Vegas will be. There’s so much to be discovered between actual news from casino operators and rumors floating around between rideshare drivers, bartenders, etc.
Again, Las Vegas is getting back to normal. Let’s get to the rest of the headlines in and around Las Vegas.
The Rest Of The Headlines
- Illenium will be the first concert to take place at Allegiant Stadium. Don’t know what that is? Read more here.
- This is a tweet about Virgin and it’s not surprising. It had a difficult time coming up with a solid first impression when it first opened. There’s nothing special about the property and I haven’t returned yet. Maybe I will after everything is open.
- It’s amazing but Virgin is still opening venues and the Grand Opening show takes place next week. Read more here.
- Miley Cyrus is headlining a Grand Opening show at Resorts World on July 4. The casino is still on schedule to actually open in June. Read more here.
- Rio All-Suite Hotel will remain the Rio. The new owners have some vague plans. Read more here.
- There’s only one marijuana tasting room in Las Vegas right now. That will change soon as marijuana lounges have been approved. These smoking venues won’t be inside casinos and hotels although they all seem to smell like a marijuana lounge already. Read more here.
- There’s a new conservatory and botanical gardens display at Bellagio. Read more here.
- Stadia Bar at Caesars Palace Las Vegas opened this week. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see more changes to this part of the casino while new Caesars streamlines expenses. Read more here.
- Rumors about another KISS residency in Las Vegas are back with Gene Simmons moving to Henderson. Read more here.
- Wynn is now allowing dogs to stay in rooms in the Encore Tower. On another note, my bartender’s dog is a week away from having puppies that look like Spuds MacKenzie. Read more here.
- Delilah Supper Club at Wynn in July. Read more here.
- Free entertainment is back at the Fremont Street Experience (FSE). See more here. On a related note, it looks like all the tours that usually put on free shows at FSE will be doing ticketed shows for Station Casinos. Read more here.
- I feel like I’ve been writing about this topic since I moved to Las Vegas. Rumors continue about Las Vegas becoming home to an NBA team. Read more here.
- You love parking fees in Las Vegas. Here’s most of the parking prices for Raiders games. MGM Resorts will release their info in a week or so.
- The In-person Global Gaming Expo (G2E) is returning to Las Vegas. I look forward to seeing new casino games. Read more here.
- A new quick-serve burger joint opens at Aria this week. It replaces the burger lounge that has been closed. Read more here.
- Adam Lambert returns to Las Vegas for a run of shows at The Venetian. Read more here.
- Shania Twain’s residency is returning to PLANET HOLLYWOOD Las Vegas Resort. Read more here.
- Plaza is surveying guests about smoking in the casino. Respond if you received this and have an opinion. I shared my thoughts on the day it arrived.
- Tournament of Kings is back at Excalibur on July 14. HUZZAH! Read more here.
- Mac King is taking his show to Excalibur. The shows start on June 22. Read more here.
- Debbie Gibson and Joey McIntyre added more shows at The Venetian. Read more here.