Vegas News March 28, 2021
Vegas Visitation Jumping
It is pretty fair to say that Vegas Visitation is jumping. It’s been a while since there’s been a supply and demand problem for visitors in Las Vegas, but here we are. According to the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Association Executive Summary, visitation in February was up almost 19% from January. That should increase even more when March figures are released.
The influx of people and limited capacity is both fortunate and unfortunate. First, it’s great to see people return to Las Vegas. This is good for businesses and people working in the service industry.
Pay Attention To Capacity Restrictions
Unfortunately, just every business is reaching capacity limits and that’s creating some problems for people visiting or living in Las Vegas. Restaurant reservations are up 25% compared to 2019. Locals and tourists alike are having problems grabbing a bite to eat without a reservation.
Vegas Visitation Jumping
Tip: Make restaurant reservations if you’re even thinking of visiting Las Vegas.
Last week, we noted that ride-hailing services were difficult to come by due to a lack of drivers. This is continuing after the first weekend of March Madness.
Over the past couple of weeks, I was tipped off that car rental prices were higher than usual by a few people. That was confirmed this week.
Tip: Spend a little extra on a car service to pick you up at the airport or if you absolutely have to be somewhere. They’re usually on time and might have a nice little sign when you get to the baggage area.
Changes for Nevada capacity limits are scheduled to be updated on May 1. If these trends continue, the Government might have to act sooner. As long as everyone is healthy this is a good problem to have.
Last Call – Wynn Buy 2 Get 1 Promotion
Amazing Limited-Time 3rd Night Free Promo
Offer: Book a minimum of 3 nights and get the 3rd night free.
All preferred partner benefits and rates are combinable with this offer.
Reserve by: March 31, 2021 – Travel by September 30, 2021
Visit: TravelZorkTravel and request a quote for your preferred dates.
Wynn and Encore Preferred Partner Benefits
-$50 Dining Resort Credit (once per stay, per room)
-$50 Spa/Salon Credit (once per stay, per room)
-TWO $30USD DAILY BREAKFAST CREDIT
(i.e. $60 per day credit for breakfast)
(based on availability, on an “IF AVAILABLE” basis.)
-Room or Suite UPGRADE
-LATE CHECK OUT
Las Vegas Quick Hits
Las Vegas Quick Hits
The big news this week was the grand opening of Virgin Hotels Las Vegas and the Mohegan Sun Casino. I’ll stop by in a few days to see if it’s as pretty in person as the pictures and videos I’ve seen. In the meantime, let’s get to the Vegas News…starting with the Virgin opening.
- Here’s the press from Virgin about the opening.
- Here’s the press release from Mohegan Gaming about the opening.
- Vegas Advantage stopped by to check out the gaming rules and odds at Virgin/Mohegan. Overall it’s not great but it’s not bad. 3:2 blackjack and 0/00 roulette should make people happy. Read more here.
- Just a heads up that not everything at Virgin is open. Money Baby and the resort pool should open in May. The sportsbook is open for watching games but it won’t take a bet until the summer.
- A company called Aimbridge Hospitality will manage the next iteration of the Rio hotel. Read more here.
- Rumor of the week: Bally’s will be rebranded as Horseshoe. This makes sense for a couple of reasons. Just over a month ago, we tipped you off that Caesars no longer plans on selling a property this year. Bally’s was one of the casinos rumored to be available. Additionally, Caesars sold the rights to the Bally’s brand. Even though the company can use the name there’s no reason to promote another company or cause confusion in the market. This rumor isn’t much of a stretch to believe. Read more here.
- Donny (sans Marie) will open his show at Harrah’s Las Vegas in August. See pics here.
- Encore will once again begin full-service operations on April 8. Read more here.
- I was reading this article about PF Chang’s renovation at Planet Hollywood when I learned something…
- …Raising Cane’s is coming to the Vegas Strip. It will open at the Showcase Mall next to MGM Grand and across from Aria.
- I hear lots of people are searching on info for Vegas pools. Check this out.
- Rose.Rabbit.Lie at the Cosmopolitan has closed for good. Read more here if you’re going to miss the mini caviar tacos.
- Last week we passed on a rumor about the food hall at Resorts World. Well, it’s not all Asian food and actually sounds pretty good. Read more here.
- You can read about Blood Brothers BBQ (from above) here.
- Atomic Saloon at The Venetian will reopen on May 5. Read more here.
- Bar Rescue recorded a show in Vegas. Read more here.
- Near(ish) to Vegas: Burning Man was denied a permit and is looking for a new location. Read more here.
- The Electric Daisy Carnival (EDC) submitted a safety plan for the show in May. Read more here.
- Here’s a heads up that you might see picketing around Circa next time you visit.
- New beer bars and breweries keep opening in downtown Las Vegas. Read about another one here.
- Mat Franco’s magic show is returning to The Linq on April 29. Read more here.
- Are you investing in NFT’s yet? Well, a video of Michael Jordan in Vegas for the Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Mayweather fight in 2015 is now available as an NFT. Read more here. If you’re not familiar with NFT’s read this.
- Rockstar Bar at the Las Vegas Golf Center on the Las Vegas Strip is now open. Read more here.