Welcome to the fall! Many people visit Las Vegas for the toasty summer weather but I prefer the cooldown during the fall and warm up during spring. We’ve gone from 110-degree temperatures to sweater weather in a week. The gorgeous weather and lack of seriously interesting news will keep this week’s roundup short.
Biggest News In Vegas This Week
I think TravelZork has already covered the biggest news of the week. Check out the review of Fortune Cup. This is the new horse racing game at The Venetian from Konami. I’m curious to see how the game performs while being tested.
Restaurant Quick Hits
There was a fair amount of Las Vegas restaurant news last week. None of the news is major but will come in useful when visiting Las Vegas
- Primrose now open at Monte Carlo. This is the first Park MGM restaurant to open during the casino transformation. The cuisine is described as “French-ish.” Read more here.
- White Castle is now open on Fremont Street. Many people are saying that this is the perfect restaurant for downtown Las Vegas. See more here.
- Forgive me if you’ve heard this before, but a burger place is replacing a burger place which replaced a burger place at The Venetian. Beer and burgers near a sports book are usually something I’d enjoy. The New York City location has good reviews. Read more here.
- Sambalatte will open its first downtown Las Vegas location on October 2. This has been my favorite coffee shop in Las Vegas since moving here. This week I visited the local Sambalatte location for the first time in months since it’s always so busy (settle down, I know what the mini eclair looks like). The new coffeeshop will be on the other side of the tracks from Main Street Station. Read more here.
Bridge Connecting MGM Grand And New York-New York Reopens This Week
It’s probably not a coincidence that this bridge will reopen in time for the Vegas Golden Knights first hockey game at T-Mobile Arena. Whatever the case this is a welcome upgrade as the bridges connecting the east as the west side of the Vegas Strip are often closed for repairs.
Repairs for the bridge connecting Excalibur and New York-New York should be complete before the year is over. You can read more here.
Vegas Golden Knights
The secondary ticket market for the Vegas Golden Knights is hot. According to USA Today, their home games occupy 7 of the 10 best sellers at StubHub. A quick look at the Vegas Golden Knights StubHub page shows a few interesting things.
First, tickets for home games at T-Mobile Arena aren’t super cheap but they’re less expensive than buying from the team. Second, people are selling parking passes. I never realized that was a thing. Third, You can see the Golden Knights play against the Islanders in Brooklyn for $11.
I was driving home from Red Rock Casino last week when I caught the tail end of an interview on the radio discussing UNLV’s hockey team. I’m not a hockey fan and didn’t realize UNLV has a team. They will play home games at City National Arena, which is also the where the Vegas Golden Knights practice.
There’s a lot to do in the area if you’re a hockey fan. The arena is across the street from Red Casino and Downtown Summerlin. You can see the UNLV hockey home schedule and learn more about the team here.
There were a few new entertainment announcements this past week. Much like the restaurants, there isn’t anything major but the information will be useful for fans.
Adam Sandler is doing a “limited engagement” of three shows at the Chelsea inside the Cosmopolitan. Shows will take place on November 10 and 17 and January 27, 2018. His show will be a combination of standup comedy and music. See more info here.
Styx with Don Felder (formerly of the Eagles) will return to The Venetian for another limited engagement. They call this a residency and it will take place from January 26 to February 3. You can see the promo video and read more here.
Jeff Civillico is returning to Las Vegas. His new show will take place at Paris Las Vegas. He’s performed 1,000 shows at The Linq and Flamingo over the past five years. Shows begin on November 8th. You can read more here.
Introducing ZorkCast the TravelZork Podcast
ZorkCast is a daily podcast about casinos, luxury travel, Las Vegas, and gambling with a focus on experiences. #PaxEx (Passenger Experience) and #CasinoEx (Casino Experience) are major areas of conversation and exploration. Get your daily dose, that never exceeds 9 minutes. Every day. #ZorkCast powered by TravelZork. ZorkCast is also available on many of your favourite podcast players including: iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play and Overcast.
Want direct access to casino news, casino reviews, narratives, loyalty programs and video poker?
Visit our casino/Vegas section directly at CasinoZork.
Sake Rok Vegas | The Most Unique Dining Experience on the Vegas Strip
First Look At The Golden Gate Casino Expansion
Consider Airbnb For Your Marijuana Vegas Vacation
eSports in Vegas [2017 Update]
DON’T MISS | Park MGM Renderings Are Here, Say Goodbye To Monte Carlo
My Favorite Las Vegas Sports Books
Giada Vegas | Great Food, Great Views and Great Service at The Cromwell
Off-Strip Dining | 3 Dining Hot Spots Near The Vegas Strip
Casino Gambling and Casino Loyalty
Blackjack and Brews At The Linq Las Vegas
Learning and Loving Pai Gow Poker in Vegas
Where is Phil Ivey? WSOP 2017
Total Rewards and Wyndham Rewards Partner – Plus Matching Status
Being an Informed Gambler
It’s All About The THEO
Trying Out Top Dollar Premium
Atlantic City September 2017 | Here They Come: Fall Festivals, BBQ, Miss America
Suite Escape Hotel Package – Borgata Atlantic City
Jose Garces’ Okatshe at the Tropicana Atlantic City
Mlife at Borgata Sweepstakes
MGM Borgata Mlife Data Points – June 27 Update
Casino Musings | The Strangest Casino In The World… With The Best View!
Angeline Borgata Atlantic City
Will Hard Rock Atlantic City Rock The Boardwalk Back To Life?
Please join the thousands of people who read TravelZork every month! Sign up here for one email per week updates.
(Email is sent weekly on Monday afternoon Eastern Time, and includes our popular weekly Vegas news series) All verified subscribers are entered into a MONTHLY contest to win a $50 eGift card.
As long as you remain subscribed, contest is ongoing and you have a chance to win every month.
TRAVEL DEALS – CRUISES
- 4 Night Bahamas Cruises from $204 on Carnival, only on Cruisedirect.com. $49 Deposits, Plus Up to $500 to Spend On Board!
- 7 Night Caribbean Cruises from $509 on Holland America, only Cruisedirect.com.Up to $1,300 to Spend On Board, Plus SUITES: FREE Drinks & Specialty Dining!
- 7 Night Caribbean Cruises from $1274 on Disney Cruise Line, only on Cruisedirect.com. CruiseDirect Exclusive: Disney Autograph Book, Plus Up to $1,000 to Spend On Board!