This is a guest article by Darryl D. McEwen, publisher of the Seven Stars Insider.
After Labor Day in Atlantic City, temperatures begin to get cooler and the crowds thin out, but there is still lots to do in September.
- The 2016 beach concert series continues with the Zac Brown Band on Sept. 1, Florida Georgia Line on Sept. 3, and Blink 182 with A Day To Remember and All Time Low on Sept. 5 (Labor Day). All concerts start at 4 p.m. Tickets are available through ticketmaster.com.
- The Fifth Annual Atlantic City Seafood Festival takes place from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sept. 10 and from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sept. 11 on Bader Field. Admission is $5 per person, but children 11 and younger are free. On-site parking also is free. Visit acseafoodfest.com for complete information.
- The big event of the month is the Miss America Competition Sept. 11 at Boardwalk Hall. The finale is preceded by three nights of preliminaries Sept. 6, 7 and 8. The Miss America “Show Us Your Shoes Parade” takes place Sept. 10, rain or shine, on the Boardwalk. Step off is at 5 p.m. starting at New Jersey Avenue and ending at Albany Avenue. Tickets to the preliminaries, the parade and the final competition are available at ticketmaster.com.
- Atlantic City’s Ironman Triathalon Competition takes place Sept. 18. For details, visit ironman.com.
- Bell Biv DeVoe and En Vogue will end Atlantic City’s beach concert season with a show from 5 to 9 p.m. Sept. 22, but there are no more free tickets available. However, a limited number of paid VIP tickets may still be available at ticketmaster.com.
- The Miss’d America Pageant, created as a spoof of the Miss America Pageant to raise funds for a local charity, takes place Sept. 24 at the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa. For more information visit ACGLBT.org.
- That same day Big Brothers Big Sisters of Atlantic and Cape May Counties takes fundraising to new heights with Over the Edge, a unique fundraising event from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sept. 24. Over The Edge offers participants the opportunity to rappel down the 15-story Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel. Registration is limited to the first 90 participants who raise $1,000 or more. For more information visit overtheedge.com. There’s no charge to watch.
- Even though sports betting isn’t legal in New Jersey, guess which teams win each week during the 2016 football season to earn cash and free play at Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa, Golden Nugget and Tropicana. Visit theborgata.com, GoldenNuggetGridiron.com or the Trop Advantage Center for details on the specifics of each casino’s promotion.
Here are some other “insider” tips about what else is happening at Atlantic City’s casinos:
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Entertainment – Gary Clark Jr. (Sept. 2), Gabriel Iglesias (Sept. 2), Seal (Sept. 4), Jim Jefferies (Sept. 10), The New York Bee Gees (Sept. 16), Bay Atlantic Symphony Presents The Rat Pack (Sept. 17), Frank Caliendo (Sept. 24). Every Thursday through Oct. 30 a new production of The Burlesque Show entertains guests in The Music Box. Tickets available at TheBorgata.com or call (866) 900-4TIX (4849).
Caesars Atlantic City
Entertainment Caesars AC – Celtic Thunder (Sept. 17), “Weird Al” Yankovic (Sept. 23). Tickets available at Ticketmaster.com or call (800) 745-3000.
Golden Nugget Atlantic City
Entertainment – BJ Thomas and Gary Puckett (Sept. 17). For tickets visit the Golden Nugget box office, Ticketmaster.com or call (800) 736-1420.
Promotions – Earn entries daily through Sept. 4 to win a 2016 Tesla Model S. Five other finalists at the Grand Finale event that day will walk away with $1,000 in free play. Sept. 2 from 7 to 10 p.m. one winner will be selected every 30 minutes for a chance to win an automatic entry in the Grand Finale, cash or free play, multiple times entries for that day, or a gas card. Labor Day weekend also will feature a tier point multiplier: 2X on Sept. 2, 3X on Sept. 3, 4X on Sept. 4 and 5X on Sept. 5. In addition, earn 2X tier points on Sundays, Sept. 11, 18 and 25.
Events – The Sixth Annual Craft Beer Tasting takes place from 8 to 11 p.m. Sept. 24. Sample more than 99 varieties of seasonal craft beers from more than 30 different breweries, paired with chef-inspired appetizers. Don’t Call Me Francis will provide entertainment. Tickets are $59, or $69 for VIP admission at 7. Save $10 with Code BEER02. For tickets visit the Golden Nugget box office, Ticketmaster.com or call (800) 736-1420.
Entertainment Harrah’s AC – Legends in Concert (through Sept. 4), Jefferson Starship (Sept. 8), Chuck Negron (Sept. 15), The Fabulous Thunderbirds (Sept. 22), Edgar Winter Band (Sept. 29).
Promotions – Win your share of $250,000 in free play and cash Sept. 10. Earn entries into Harrah’s $250,000 Summer of Jackpots through 8 p.m. Sept. 10, but they must be activated between 11 a.m. and 8:45 p.m. Sept. 10. Drawings will take place hourly between 1 and 9 p.m. in the Diamond Cove.
Resorts Casino Hotel
Entertainment – Jimmy Mazz (Sept. 1, 5-7, 11-13, 15, 18-21, 25-29), Billy Ocean (Sept. 10), The Hit Men (Sept. 24). Tickets available through Ticketmaster.com.
Events – The Fourth Annual Craft Beerfest takes place from 4 to 8 p.m. Sept. 17. Sample more than 75 craft beers. The Red Hotts will provide entertainment. Tickets are $30. Tickets are $30. Visit the Resorts box office, Ticketmaster.com or call (800) 772-9000.
Promotions – On Mondays through Sept. 5 from 2 and 10 p.m. two winners every hour will enter the Cash Dash Money Machine and grab as much slot cash as they can. Every Friday through Sept. 2 from 2 to 10 p.m. play Explosions of Cash Zoom Ball to win slot play or $100,000 in cash. A $1 Million Beachball Bounce offers the chance to win $1 million daily through Sept. 24. Additional prizes and cash will be awarded, as well. Play free one time each day and play a second time after earning five tier points. Win a 2016 Mustang and slot cash. Earn entries through Sept. 25. See Promotions Booth for details.
Tropicana Atlantic City
Entertainment – The family-friendly “Magique: Remixed” plays through Sept. 9 in the Tropicana Showroom. The show features large-scale illusions, close-up magic and elaborately, but modestly, costumed dancing showgirls. The Brooklyn Bridge appears Sept. 17 and Hippiefest, a free concert featuring the music of the Grateful Dead, Bob Dylan, Pink Floyd and others, takes place at 8 p.m. Sept. 24 in the fourth floor Grand Exhibition Center. For tickets, visit Ticketmaster.com, call (800) 745-3000 or visit the Tropicana Box Office.
Events – Five new free Multimedia Sound & Light Shows on the Boardwalk are on view from 8:30 to 11 p.m. nightly through Sept. 10, followed on Saturdays by fireworks at 10 p.m. Lou Neglia’s Ring of Combat 56, championship mixed martial arts, takes place Sept. 23
Promotions – Earn five chances to win Tropicana’s $1 Million Big Spin Lotto every day through Sept. 18. Six Big Spin Lotto numbers will be chosen each day and announced every two hours between 1 and 9 p.m. in Palm Walk. Additional 11 p.m. announcements will be made on Fridays and Saturdays. Players who match all six numbers win $10,000 instantly plus a free spin on the Big Wheel for a shot at the $1 million top prize. Those matching fewer numbers will win between $25 and $1,000 in free play, in addition to a spin on the wheel.
Trump Taj Mahal Casino Resort
Entertainment – Flo Rida (Sept. 2), Cedric “The Entertainer” (Sept. 17). Nik Wallenda’s Zircus performs through Sept. 2 in the Xanadu Theater. Described as a “thrilling variety show starring celebrated wire walker Nik Wallenda and an international troupe of circus performers,” the show combines “suspense, amazement and laughter.” Each show closes with a re-creation of the seven-person pyramid made famous by the Wallenda family. Tickets available through Ticketmaster.com.
Promotions – Select the winning ticket and win $1 million. Through Sept. 18 Trump One cardholders have five chances daily, with an additional drawing on Fridays and Saturdays. If you don’t win the million, other prizes include from $25 to $1,000 in slot play.
More from Seven Stars Insider:
How To Spend Your Summer In Atlantic City
Caesars Total Rewards | Seven Stars Insider: Here’s What You Can Learn
Caesars Casino Loyalty Program — TravelZork
Caesars Total Rewards | Everything You Need To Know – Part 1
Caesars Total Rewards | Everything You Need To Know – Part 2 | TIER STATUS
Recreational gambler Darryl D. McEwen is publisher of the Seven Stars Insider – both the website (www.SevenStarsInsider.com) and the monthly newsletter. For a free subscription to the newsletter, join the mailing list at Seven Stars Insider and tell him how you heard about it. You also can download the newsletter from the website where he frequently updates news about Caesars Entertainment and Total Rewards under “Latest News” on the home page. In addition, be sure to follow @7StarsInsider on Twitter.
Darryl also writes a bi-weekly column, Mr. AC Casino, for the Atlantic City Weekly. A former professional journalist, based in Wilmington, Delaware, Darryl is president of his own consulting firm that manages several small national and international trade associations, and provides public relations and fundraising services for a number of charitable organizations.
Book a flight + Wynn Las Vegas or Encore hotel package of two nights or more, and enjoy a complimentary daily breakfast buffet for two.
Plus, receive exclusive savings on select room categories.