Las Vegas Long Weekend
We’re in the middle of a long Memorial Day Weekend so I’m just going to hop right to the Vegas News. This week I’ll serve most of the news Quick Hits style so you can grab the news interested and head out for some fun.
Re:Match at Linq
Re:Match is the new bar at THE LINQ HOTEL + EXPERIENCE that sits right on the Vegas Strip. You may remember walking past this area since it was a really large non-descript wall. Re:Match has both indoor and outdoor seating right on the Vegas Strip.
The new bar has 27 bartop games that are not video poker. Game Mode features three games: You can save the Vegas Strip from an alien invasion, catch falling money from Fly Linq zipline riders or capture the most chicken wings in the “Sticky Chicken For President” game. Sadly, there are no free chicken wings or zipline rides. However, you might win a free beer.
Just inside the casino, you’ll find new versions of classic video games including Mario Kart, World’s Largest Pac Man, NBA Jam, Street Fighter, and Mortal Kombat.
Further inside the casino, you’ll find the newest electronic table game versions of blackjack, craps, and roulette.
Say Hello to Pulse Arena
Interblock takes Stadium Gaming to another level with Pulse Arena. There are two reasons to watch the video below – the entire video. Most importantly, you can see what it’s all about. Secondly, admire all the PR buzz words.
Coming Soon To Linq: Hologram Gaming, Esports, and Virtual Reality
The Linq has always pitched itself as a hotel and casino for younger visitors to Las Vegas. The next batch of games is certainly geared towards that demographic.
eSports – Linq
They will also be adding six virtual reality gaming (not gambling) bays. The following games will be available to play: Creed: Rise to Glory, Electronauts, Raw Data, Sprint Vector, the Walking Dead Onslaught.
Last but not least might be something that appeals to a wider audience. The Linq will install Hologram Gaming. Check out the games that will be available:
- Tic tac toe – play this classic game against a stone monster, futuristic robot, or even a crafty velociraptor.
- Paper, Rock, Scissors – From the press release “Can you beat the computer with one hand? Both? It’s more challenging than you think!”
- Pop ‘em – Pop as many balloons as you can within the time limit.
I remember playing and losing, Tic Tac Toe to a chicken at the Tropicana during one of my first visits to Las Vegas. These hologram games will be located somewhere in the middle of The Linq casino.
Long Weekend Of Quick Hits
If nothing else, the changes at The Linq are interesting. I’m not sure they’re what I want but I look forward to checking the place out. For what it’s worth the non-gambling bartop games sound like a better value than playing the awful video poker games at the other bars for the occasional complimentary well drink or macro brew.
- Last week we told you about the Circa Sports Million football contest. Well, now we have official rules for anyone interested in playing. You can read the rules here.
- Booking.com is going to begin charging hotels commission on resort fees. Hotel room prices could soon be $100 flat instead of $70 + $30 (also $100). The pricing difference is obnoxious but the bottom line will be the same. You can read the article here.
- Evidently, there are some people that want to see a ZZ Top musical. Those people will be able to see “A Sharp Dressed Man” somewhere in Las Vegas next year. A Caesars Entertainment property seems to be the location. Read more here.
- Scott Sibella will be the president of Resorts World if it ever opens. I feel like this has been shared already but I’m passing along in case it wasn’t. Read more here.
- Madonna is playing three shows at Caesars Palace Las Vegas on November 7, 9, and 10. I wonder why she took the night off for my birthday. Anyway, ticket prices for the tour range from $50 to $2,000 according to Billboard. Good luck getting tickets, requests are already closed in this unique ticketing process.
- YO! Frites at Excalibur. I used to love the Frites shop in the lower east side of Manhattan back in the day. Read more here.
- Las Vegas approved Elon Musk’s Boring Company to build an underground transportation loop. It should open in time for CES 2021. Read more here.
- Wicked is returning to the Smith Center in September. Read more here.
- People are asking for a David Lee Roth residency in Las Vegas. Who knew? Read more here. Also, listen to this remix of “Jump”.
- That was quick. Wynn Resorts and MGM Resorts have called off talks about Encore Boston Harbor. Wynn will now open the casino on June 23rd. Read more here.
- Las Vegas might host an NCAA baseball regional at the new Las Vegas Ballpark. Read more here.
- Rumor of the week: Vital Vegas says Cleo will be closing at SLS Las Vegas. Last year I was told there was a good chance it would stay after parting ways with sbe. Enjoy the summer prix-fixe deal we told you about last week. Read more here.
- Behind the scenes tours of T-Mobile Arena are available. Read more here.
- Taste of Africa restaurant is opening at Neonopolis. Read more here.
- The sale of Greektown casino in Detroit has closed. It’s now a Penn National Casino (Tropicana and M Resort). Read more here.
- Downtown Container Park has added a new interactive art installation. Read more here.
- The Downtowner hotel is reopening and it looks pretty cool. The location isn’t the best but the property looks nice. Read more here.
Want direct access to casino news, casino reviews, narratives, loyalty programs and video poker? Visit our casino/Vegas section directly at CasinoZork. Join the thousands of people who read TravelZork every month! Sign up here for one email per week updates. (Email is sent weekly on Monday afternoon Eastern Time, and includes our popular weekly Vegas news series)
Our Guest For Next Episode:
Scott Roeben of Vital Vegas
Enjoy Prior Episodes on YouTube
Please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel!
Cloth face coverings designed by independent artists,
so your personality won’t disappear behind your mask.
Shop Masks at Redbubble!
20% off sitewide for people with interesting interests. Code INTERESTS
SHOP Casino Designs – Face Coverings/Face Masks