Air France Lounge
The new Air France lounge at JFK (terminal 1) is located in close proximity of the Air France gates. This new lounge opened in October of 2014. Access to the Air France lounge is open to first class (Air France La Première), business class as well as SkyTeam Elite+ frequent flyer members. At close to 10,000 sq/ft on two levels, this lounge provides unique views of the New York City skyline in a comfortable setting.
The Air France lounge
– Opening hours: 12:00 PM – 11:00 PM
– Location within the airport: Terminal 1, after security, not far from the Air France boarding area
– 2 buffets, hot meals served at dinner
– 2 Clarins spa treatment areas
– VIP space on the mezzanine level for La Première guests
– Local, International, French newspapers
– Computers available
– Copy, Fax machine
I found a seat upstairs and since AF009 was the last flight of the evening the lounge was not very crowded, especially upstairs. The food offerings in the lounge could definitely be a more than adequate dinner, allowing for maximum sleep on the flight to Paris.
There were a wide range of salads (including roasted eggplant and grilled chicken), mini sandwiches, two soup choices (Saffron Carrot and Coriander Soup and Tomato Soup) and multiple hot entrees. Options included Chinese stir fried noodles, sun dried tomato risotto, “Provencal” beef stew, and a lovely quiche. There were also a number of sides including jasmine rice, vegetables and a few sauces. To complete things there was a small assortment of desserts as well as a cheese presentation.
In addition there was a self-sevice bar with multiple wines and Champagne, and additional snack items.
I found a nice corner of the lounge, with readily accessible power; and had a pre-flight snack with Champagne. I must admit I did got back for more risotto, it was surprisingly good. The glassware used in the lounge is the same Air France glassware (two sizes) used inflight.
A few more shots of the lounge, which is a very open space. The furniture is a bit minimalist, which seems to be the direction Air France “style” has been heading.
View of the Air France logo unit on the wall from upstairs.
Large floor to ceiling windows and ample seating upstairs and downstairs.
This is definitely one of the better SkyTeam lounges globally, and far exceeds the experience at any Delta SkyClub in the United States. Definitely a nice way to start your trip to Paris, especially if you happen to be flying the new Air France 777 business class.
TRAVEL DEALS – CRUISES
- 4 Night Bahamas Cruises from $204 on Carnival, only on Cruisedirect.com. $49 Deposits, Plus Up to $500 to Spend On Board!
- 7 Night Caribbean Cruises from $509 on Holland America, only Cruisedirect.com.Up to $1,300 to Spend On Board, Plus SUITES: FREE Drinks & Specialty Dining!
- 7 Night Caribbean Cruises from $1274 on Disney Cruise Line, only on Cruisedirect.com. CruiseDirect Exclusive: Disney Autograph Book, Plus Up to $1,000 to Spend On Board!