Editor’s Note : TravelZork enjoys sharing gambling travel destinations and while a large focus of our gambling destination information revolves around Las Vegas, the East Coast of the United States provides some of the most exciting casino properties in the world. In addition to Atlantic City and the numerous new venues, casinos in New England feature two of the largest casino floors (Mohegan Sun and Foxwoods) in the world. If you enjoy casinos you will definitely want to pay attention to the New England casino properties and the ongoing expansion and developments in this area.
This is a guest article by Robin T. Aubin (Binbin), publisher of NETimeGambling.com
When asked, most people throughout the country have no knowledge of the casinos in New England. Sure, they have probably heard of Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun in Connecticut, but New England has seven casinos, and by 2019, there will be ten.
So, now you know the “NE” in NETimeGambling stands for New England. The website is also for “any” (or NE) recreational gambler who either gamble in New England or for those tourists visiting New England’s casinos. It provides numerous resources for the recreational gambler – beginner tips on strategy & etiquette, trip reports, and beneath it all an underlying 25 year affection for Las Vegas and the business of casinos in America.
We cover a wide variety of topics, such as:
- New England Casino Expansion – Massachusetts is building two casinos (MGM Springfield & Wynn Boston Harbor) as well as a possible third casino by the Wampanoag Tribe (First Light). A third casino in Connecticut, in a joint venture by once enemies and competitors Pequots (Foxwoods) & Mohegans (Sun), will be built to keep jobs and revenue from escaping over the border to MGM Springfield.
- Meanwhile, Rhode Island’s Twin River Casino (adding a hotel and owner of Newport Grand Slots) after purchasing it last year, is moving its Newport operation to Tiverton, RI as a new Hotel Casino.
- Tips for the Beginning Gambler – table games, slots, or Video Poker, we try to cover it all. With the help of legend guest writers such as John Grochowski, we cover the basics, the myths, the strategies, and etiquette involved for the newbie gambler. If we don’t know the answer, we find it from a reputable source.
- Trip reports, dining and entertainment reviews – We visit and cover all 7 casinos and report our findings, from the best dining options, to the the ambiance of the casino itself.
- Monthly Promotions – Included in our posts are the promotions of each casino, from Connecticut to Maine.
- Gambling Outside of New England – We do follow news in New York, Atlantic City and especially Las Vegas. Just not as much as our little corner of the world in the northeast.
- Recent History of Casino Gambling in New England – 25 years of casinos and getting stronger.
- Books, Resources, and Practice Suggestions – NETimeGambling wants to be your resource for everything gambling in New England and beyond.
Some of our well received posts include:
5 Things You Need to Know About New Foxwoods Rewards Club
Massachusetts More Worried Than Mohegan Sun About New England’s Casino Share
Casino Comps & Your “Average Daily Theoretical”
New England Casinos Increasing Hotel Room By Over 30%
16 Casino Do’s & Don’t’s For the Beginning Gambler
NETimeGambling is a non-monetized blog created for my interest in gambling – its history and its evolution – the casino business, and my love for New England. Come share my passion and visit us.
Robin T. Aubin (Binbin) has been involved in music all his life, including 40 years of choral conducting, and performing professionally in different musical genres since he was 10 years of age. “Heck, I even performed in Mohegan Sun’s Wolf Den, Foxwoods’ Atrium Lounge, and Twin River’s Lighthouse Bar & Lounge.” (All venues in New England casinos)
Twenty years ago casino gambling became a side interest. The business, the history, the expansion across the U.S., the myths, the superstitions and innovations of legalized gambling became a fascination. “It allows us to witness the best and worst of human nature and human interaction. This blog is the passion behind all of that.”
The goal was to provide a service and resource for anyone visiting New England’s expanding casino market.
“My biggest pet peeve is how gamblers refuse to look at the math & science involved in gambling. Myths and superstitions can be fun, humorous and sad all at one time. Preparation and understanding the reality of gambling will only improve your recreational gambling. Know what you are getting into – acceptance of the science involved, not the possible karma, is the key to all improving your recreational gambling fun.”