The transformation of Monte Carlo to Park MGM continues in high gear. The casino-resort figures to be a heavy work zone for the foreseeable future. Eventually, Monte Carlo will become Park MGM and NoMad hotel in 2018. The renderings say the exterior will look something like this.
Last week we showed you a tour of a renovated hotel room at Monte Carlo. You can actually book your own Park MGM preview room now. Rates for these rooms are as low as $39 before fees. Again, this isn’t quite the luxury price point I was expecting. This could also be a “construction discount” because of all the work. I’m told NoMad will be the real luxury experience at Park MGM. I look forward to seeing those rooms.
More Restaurants Closing At Monte Carlo
The buffet is now closed at Monte Carlo and Eater Vegas says that 800 Degree Pizza will be moving to New York New York. These restaurants follow the closures of Yusho, Andre’s, BLVD Creamery, D.vino, Dragon Noodle Co., Brand Steakhouse, and The Pub. at Monte Carlo.
The dining options at Monte Carlo are very limited right now. If you’re taking advantage of the low-priced rooms during construction it appears as though Primrose will be open to the public at any minute. You can also walk across the street to New York-New York for a plethora of dining options.
New Flamingo Room Video
While the rooms at Park MGM are a little disappointing the new hotel rooms at Flamingo look surprisingly nice. We first told you about the Flamingo room renovations way back in May. Here’s a newly released video of the rooms.
The colors are what you’d expect from a room at the Flamingo. The main room looks much less boring than the renovated room at Planet Hollywood. The bathroom renovations for these rooms is much needed. The new Flamingo Las Vegas hotel rooms should be available before the year is over. I look forward to seeing the rooms first hand.
Fortune Cup Coming To The Venetian and MGM Grand
The newest horse racing game will be installed sometime this month at MGM Grand and The Venetian. Details on the placements are sparse but I hear the MGM Grand location will be near Whiskey Down. A demo version of Fortune Cup was on display at G2E last year. This video does a great job of showing all the bells and whistles.
Madonna Slot Machine Coming Soon(ish)
Aristocrat will debut a Madonna slot machine at G2E in early October. I’ll be at the expo to check it out and will have pictures and hopefully video. Details on the game are limited but you can see the press release here.
There’s one sentence from the release that has my curiosity peaked “Each Madonna Slot Game will be themed with its own unique gameplay…” I wasn’t able to find out specifics but I hope to at G2E.
There are usually more announcements by this time before G2E of new licensed slot machines. I’ll share the big names on twitter when I hear announcements. This tech dork hopes the gaming manufacturers are focusing on better gameplay than 30-year-old brands. G2E is always chock full of new games and information on the casino business. I’m sure there will be lots to share.
Here are some news bites from all over Las Vegas.
- Stage Deli next to the sports book at MGM Grand has closed. There is no replacement yet. Read more here.
- The Caesars Blog has a list of Happy Hours at their bars around Las Vegas. Read more here.
- Life Is Beautiful is really unlike other major music festivals. Many streets will be closed during and before the festival on September 22-24. Read more here.
- Back in May we told you that Bally’s would be adding Monster Mini Golf. There isn’t an opening date yet but there is a theme. KTNV says it will be a “Twilight Zone” themed course. Read more here.
- Planet Dailies at Planet Hollywood is closing. Hopefully, they keep the same staff and recipes. They made a fantastic bacon omelet. Read more here.
- Piff The Magic Dragon extends residency at Flamingo again. I can understand why. He was the highlight when I saw Vegas Nocturne at Rose.Rabbit.Lie when the show first opened. Read more here.
- Here’s a peek at what you can expect from the room renovations at the Cosmopolitan.
- Station Casinos is upping their cocktail game. Expect this to be implemented around the great, but less fancy, locals specials. I’m still waiting on Station Casinos to expand their Banger Brewing beer selections beyond one casino. Read more about the new booze dudes here.
Full-Scale Promotion From MGM Resorts
MGM Resorts International is launching a new national promotional campaign this week called “Welcome To The Show.” You can see the 60-second version below.
I’m hear that the TV versions will edit the “Holy Sh*t Business” part of the ad. Evidently “sh*t” is a bad word. You can see the full 2-minute version of “Welcome To The Show here. As for as mainstream marketing goes this is pretty good.
The ad mirrors how people have seen Las Vegas over the years. The specifics may have changed over the years but partying, drinking, shows, fine dining, and gambling are what attract people to Las Vegas. This is a current take on that. As a gambler, I’m just happy to see some kind of gambling elements featured.
Introducing ZorkCast the TravelZork Podcast
ZorkCast is a daily podcast about casinos, luxury travel, Las Vegas, and gambling with a focus on experiences. #PaxEx (Passenger Experience) and #CasinoEx (Casino Experience) are major areas of conversation and exploration. Get your daily dose, that never exceeds 9 minutes. Every day. #ZorkCast powered by TravelZork. ZorkCast is also available on many of your favourite podcast players including: iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play and Overcast.
Want direct access to casino news, casino reviews, narratives, loyalty programs and video poker?
Visit our casino/Vegas section directly at CasinoZork.
Sake Rok Vegas | The Most Unique Dining Experience on the Vegas Strip
First Look At The Golden Gate Casino Expansion
Consider Airbnb For Your Marijuana Vegas Vacation
eSports in Vegas [2017 Update]
DON’T MISS | Park MGM Renderings Are Here, Say Goodbye To Monte Carlo
My Favorite Las Vegas Sports Books
Giada Vegas | Great Food, Great Views and Great Service at The Cromwell
Off-Strip Dining | 3 Dining Hot Spots Near The Vegas Strip
Casino Gambling and Casino Loyalty
Blackjack and Brews At The Linq Las Vegas
Learning and Loving Pai Gow Poker in Vegas
Where is Phil Ivey? WSOP 2017
Total Rewards and Wyndham Rewards Partner – Plus Matching Status
Being an Informed Gambler
It’s All About The THEO
Trying Out Top Dollar Premium
Atlantic City September 2017 | Here They Come: Fall Festivals, BBQ, Miss America
Suite Escape Hotel Package – Borgata Atlantic City
Jose Garces’ Okatshe at the Tropicana Atlantic City
Mlife at Borgata Sweepstakes
MGM Borgata Mlife Data Points – June 27 Update
Casino Musings | The Strangest Casino In The World… With The Best View!
Angeline Borgata Atlantic City
Will Hard Rock Atlantic City Rock The Boardwalk Back To Life?
Please join the thousands of people who read TravelZork every month! Sign up here for one email per week updates.
(Email is sent weekly on Monday afternoon Eastern Time, and includes our popular weekly Vegas news series) All verified subscribers are entered into a MONTHLY contest to win a $50 eGift card.
As long as you remain subscribed, contest is ongoing and you have a chance to win every month.
TRAVEL DEALS – CRUISES
- 4 Night Bahamas Cruises from $204 on Carnival, only on Cruisedirect.com. $49 Deposits, Plus Up to $500 to Spend On Board!
- 7 Night Caribbean Cruises from $509 on Holland America, only Cruisedirect.com.Up to $1,300 to Spend On Board, Plus SUITES: FREE Drinks & Specialty Dining!
- 7 Night Caribbean Cruises from $1274 on Disney Cruise Line, only on Cruisedirect.com. CruiseDirect Exclusive: Disney Autograph Book, Plus Up to $1,000 to Spend On Board!