Let’s get to the Vegas News right away since my intro bleeds into the first story.
Palace-Station Renovations And Sportsbook
This is the most fun time of the year to be a sports bettor in Las Vegas. Football season is the busiest time of the year in the sportsbooks. Sportsbooks will be packed, and the crowds will be raucous on Saturday and Sunday.
More money is bet on football than all other sports combined in Nevada. This year there are more ways to bet on football than ever. Expect a packed house the next time you walk into a Las Vegas Sports Book on a Saturday or Sunday.
This time of year is also when many casinos reveal upgrades for their sportsbooks. I was able to check out the renovated and upgraded sportsbook at Palace Station this week. This is part of a property-wide renovation that looks great. While the new sportsbook looks similar it has bigger and better TV’s and a new bar and VIP seating area. Here’s a quick video of the sportsbook from the bar area.
The sportsbook bar is excellent. The video poker is similar to other Station Casinos properties with 8/5 Bonus Poker and a progressive for a royal flush. The beer selection could be better but it could be worse.
Overall the Palace Station casino renovations look good. The casino feels more comfortable since the tables and machines aren’t pushed together. I hope Palms feels the same when that renovation is finished by Station Casinos. I posted some pictures on Facebook if you’d like to see beyond the sportsbook.
Vegas Football Season – Football Drink Specials
All sportsbooks are packed for football games. However, the locals casinos hustle to make sure they have a packed house. If you’re not a booze snob these casinos often have great prices on drinks.
The SOUTH POINT HOTEL CASINO AND SPA will have $1 Bud, Bud Light, and Michelob Ultra from 10a to 8p on Sunday’s starting September 6. Boyd Gaming casinos will have five different beers for $3 each and a lot more drink specials. You can see all of the Boyd specials here. Station Casinos should be posting specials on their blog soon.
Resorts World Making Progress?
I haven’t driven past Resorts World Las Vegas in a while but I’ve seen lots of tweets showing actual construction progress. There has been very very very little progress made on Resorts World since the casino-resort broke ground in 2015. A representative from Genting Group (parent company of Resorts World) tells the Las Vegas Review-Journal that the casino is on target to open by the end of 2020.
There’s still a lot of work to do but at least there’s actually work happening at Resorts World Las Vegas. There are more than two years before the casino might open so let’s not get too excited. Still, fingers are crossed because a new casino is always fun!
“I Love the ’90s – The Vegas Show” Dates
The “I Love the ’90s – The Vegas Show” at Paris Las Vegas added En Vogue to its rotating roster of pop music performers from the 1990’s. Caesars also released dates and specific lineups you’ll be able to see this year.
October 12 – 27: Salt-N-Pepa, Rob Base and All-4-One
November 8 – 12: En Vogue, Rob Base and Kid ’n Play
November 15 – 19: En Vogue, Mark McGrath and Kid ’n Play
November 22 – December 3: Salt-N-Pepa, Mark McGrath and Kid ’n Play
December 6 – 17: Salt-N-Pepa, Rob Base and All-4-One
Tickets start at $74.99 plus fees. Shows in Las Vegas seem to be closing at a record pace so I recommend seeing checking this out as soon as possible if you’re a fan of any of the groups. You can find more information at ilovethe90s.vegas or on the Paris Las Vegas website.
It wasn’t a particularly busy news week in Las Vegas. The biggest casino news this week comes from Springfield, Massachusetts where MGM Springfield opened. TravelZork already has you covered on all of that so let’s get to the rest of the Vegas News.
- The Vegas Golden Knights announced their annual fan fest at The D. The event this year will take place on 5-8 p.m. on Wednesday, September 19. The hockey team is so popular that they’re moving the action from Fremont Street to a much larger space at Downtown Las Vegas Events Center. Read more here.
- Cafe Bellagio finally closed. Sadelle’s, a New York City deli will occupy the space. This will be a Jewish but not a kosher deli. The new restaurant opens in December. Read more here.
- Many Vegas visitors know Robin Leach from his gossip columns in Las Vegas. He passed away this week. Read more here.
- Wynn Resorts might be contemplating the sale of Encore Boston Harbor. There’s no word on how this could affect operations in Las Vegas. One thing is certain – it will be strange to see someone else operating a casino that looks like Wynn Las Vegas. Read more here.
- CG Technology is serious trouble with the Nevada Gaming Control Board. Their gaming license is in limbo. They currently operate sportsbooks at Cosmopolitan, The Venetian/Palazzo, Hard Rock, Palms, M Resort, Tropicana, and Silverton. Keep an eye on this if you bet on sports at those casinos. Read more here.
- Fright Dome is not returning to Circus Circus for Halloween this year. MGM Resorts has not made an announcement if there will be different holiday activities this year. Read more here.
- The headline reads that Barry Manilow extends show into 2019. Don’t get too giddy, the extension for his show at the Westgate is only until February. Read more here.
- Motley Brews Downtown Brew Festival returns for its seventh year on Saturday, October 20. This is one of the biggest and best beer festivals in Las Vegas. Read more here.
- I wanted to ride in a self-driving Lyft during my vacation on the Vegas Strip in July. I was shot down by my vacation partner even though the cars have a human behind the wheel in case of emergency. Maybe I’ll get around to taking a ride in one of these cars someday. Read more about the autonomous rides here.
Want direct access to casino news, casino reviews, narratives, loyalty programs and video poker? Visit our casino/Vegas section directly at CasinoZork.
Please join the thousands of people who read TravelZork every month! Sign up here for one email per week updates. (Email is sent weekly on Monday afternoon Eastern Time, and includes our popular weekly Vegas news series)
Click==> Top Flight Deals Updated Daily
Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas – Suite Escape Stay 2 nights and get the 3rd night on us.