Bally’s And Harrah’s Room Renovations
I listen to some casino earnings calls because they sometimes reveal more information that we won’t find in press releases or the mainstream media. Caesars has been making a big deal about their hotel room renovations a lot in the past year. We typically share news as it’s revealed even if it’s not packaged in a press release.
Last week Caesars Entertainment revealed that they will begin renovating hotel rooms at Harrah’s and Bally’s in Las Vegas. The Harrah’s Las Vegas renovation of 950 hotel rooms should already be underway since they’re scheduled to be completed by the end of the year. The renovation that will take place at Bally’s Las Vegas will cover 2,058 hotel rooms. Specific details about these renovations haven’t been revealed but I think it’s safe to assume the Indigo (North) tower will receive a makeover. The rooms renovations at Bally’s are scheduled to be completed in 2018.
Flamingo Meeting Space Renovations
Speaking of Caesars renovations, the Flamingo has updated their meeting space. It looks like the company spent more than $6 million on paint, carpet and chairs. You can see more here. Meanwhile, the hotel room renovations (Vegas News May 21) should begin soon.
Park MGM To Debut Serious Meeting and Convention Space
It’s not easy to get excited for meeting spaces as a tourist. However, MGM Resorts International is putting together some convention and meeting rooms that are a bit more attractive than just a room with four walls and tables. Hey, if you’re stuck in meetings they might as well be somewhere nice!
Earlier this year MGM Grand revealed plans for their Conference Center and meeting room expansion. The inclusion of Staywell concepts offer something unique and a reason for a business to book a conference. You can read more about the MGM Grand plans here.
Two weeks ago MGM Resorts International revealed renderings for Park MGM and a construction photo of the new meeting space. Last week the company revealed details about the 80,000 square foot space. The technology and flexibility seem great. I wouldn’t be surprised to see public events like fantasy football drafts in these spaces in the future. I don’t want to spend too much time on this so you can read more here.
New Wynn Sports Book
Closed Circuit Viewing For Floyd Mayweather Vs. Conor McGregor
It seems like the last Floyd Mayweather fight versus Manny Pacquiao had viewing parties at every bar, restaurant, theater, and ballroom at an MGM Resorts International casino in Las Vegas. That may be the case as the August 26th fight between Floyd Mayweather Vs. Conor McGregor gets closer. In fact, I’m already seeing a few parties leak out on Ticketmaster.
MGM Resorts International is making tickets available to watch Floyd Mayweather Vs. Conor McGregor via Closed Circuit TV. The fight will be shown in various Cirque Du Soleil theaters in Las Vegas.
- Tournament Of Kings Arena at Excalibur
- Criss Angel Theater at Luxor
- The Events Center at The Mirage
- Mandalay Bay Theatre
- Park Theater Monte Carlo
- Zumanity Theatre at New York-New York
Rí Rá and Light at Mandalay Bay and Nine Fine Irishmen at New York-New York will also be showing the fight.
Tickets for all viewing are $150 per person and can be purchased at ticketmaster.com. If you have a host, check with them for discounted or complimentary viewing tickets.
The only casinos that will offer viewing of boxing matches on the Vegas Strip are the host property. In this case, only MGM Resorts International casinos will show the Floyd Mayweather Vs. Conor McGregor fight. You’ll have to pay to watch the fight at any bar or restaurant in Las Vegas.
There may be Pay Per View showings off the strip at bars but those haven’t been revealed yet. If you just want to hang with your crew to watch the fight you might consider an Airbnb rental for the night. (Join Airbnb) Just make sure they’ll allow you to buy the Pay Per View.
Conor McGregor “Residency” at Encore
Conor McGregor will hold four post-fight parties at XS Nightclub and Encore Beach Club through 2019. The first night of his “residency” will be at Encore Beach Club after he fights Floyd Mayweather on August 26. You can read more about how a dude standing around and waving in a nightclub is considered a residency here.
I’ll share the last of the news this week with extended quick hits. There’s no speculation here but there is some news!
- The Linq is built on a flood channel. When it rains the water rushes through the valet area and entrance to the parking garage. This has been happening for as long as the building has been around. You can see video here.
- The site being planned for the Las Vegas Raiders football stadium will have fewer than 2,500 parking spaces. If parking interests you, News 3 LV has a great overview of the situation.
- Update: We added some information to the Vegas Strip parking and resort fee page last week. Check it out.
- My favorite coffee shop in Las Vegas, Sambalatte, is opening two new locations in Downtown Las Vegas. The first will be on the other side of the tracks by Main Street Station. You can read more about that here. Sambalatte tweeted me to say that they have plans for a second location in downtown Las Vegas. The location hasn’t been announced yet. My fingers crossed that it will be at the new Las Vegas Club. I can wait.
- The burger joint near the sports book at The Venetian is closing. You’ll have to walk to the food court for a quick bite during the game. Read more here.
- Magical Memories, the Disney fine art gallery at the Caesars Palace Forum Shops is finally open. Visit their website here.
- The union for doormen at MGM Resorts International properties are upset. Tips are going down because people use Uber ride-hailing and Lyft. It’s not like this union can be upset at the taxi union. They’re the reason ride hailing services pick people up and drop people off away from the main entrance. Read more here.
- Last and certainly least. You can get married at Fright Dome. Read more here.
Want direct access to casino news, casino reviews, narratives, loyalty programs and video poker?
Visit our casino/Vegas section directly at CasinoZork.
Consider Airbnb For Your Marijuana Vegas Vacation
DON’T MISS | Park MGM Renderings Are Here, Say Goodbye To Monte Carlo
Giada Vegas | Great Food, Great Views and Great Service at The Cromwell
Off-Strip Dining | 3 Dining Hot Spots Near The Vegas Strip
Caesars Looks Outside Of Casinos For Revenue
What Does The Meruelo Group Have Planned For SLS Las Vegas?
The Vegas Pool – Summer of Sin : Part 1
The Problem with (Vegas) People – Summer of Sin : Part 2
Generating Casino Offers (Marketing Offers)
First Quarter Was Great For Las Vegas Casino Operators
Overview Vegas Strip | Las Vegas Resort Fees + Las Vegas Parking Fees
Tasting The Newest Restaurant At The Venetian, Mercato della Pescheria – Vegas
Casino Gambling and Casino Loyalty
Blackjack and Brews At The Linq Las Vegas
Learning and Loving Pai Gow Poker in Vegas
Where is Phil Ivey? WSOP 2017
Total Rewards and Wyndham Rewards Partner – Plus Matching Status
Being an Informed Gambler
It’s All About The THEO
Trying Out Top Dollar Premium
Atlantic City | August 2017 | Airshow Soars, Wine Flows, BeachFest Continues
Atlantic City Airshow 2017 | “Thunder Over The Boardwalk”
Mlife at Borgata Sweepstakes
MGM Borgata Mlife Data Points – June 27 Update
Casino Musings | The Strangest Casino In The World… With The Best View!
Angeline Borgata Atlantic City
Will Hard Rock Atlantic City Rock The Boardwalk Back To Life?
Please join the thousands of people who read TravelZork every month! Sign up here for one email per week updates.
(Email is sent weekly on Monday afternoon Eastern Time, and includes our popular weekly Vegas news series) All verified subscribers are entered into a MONTHLY contest to win a $50 eGift card.
As long as you remain subscribed, contest is ongoing and you have a chance to win every month.
Book a flight + Wynn Las Vegas or Encore hotel package of two nights or more, and enjoy a complimentary daily breakfast buffet for two.
Plus, receive exclusive savings on select room categories.