A great opportunity has presented itself for those with high and mid-tier status in a hotel loyalty program. There seems to even be rumor that even mid-tier such as SPG Gold, Hilton and Marriott Gold are being matched to Hyatt Diamond. Those with “top tier” status (SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum) should easily be matched. My personal observation, is that you will NOT get the usual Hyatt (Diamond) suite upgrades one receives after qualifying by normal means. But, Hyatt Diamond status is still quite valuable. My focus, is that this is a great opportunity to match to Hyatt Diamond and then link and match to Mlife Platinum status. For those who have joined FoundersCard, that enrollment includes Hilton Gold Status. This lends itself to a potential multiple match of the FoundersCard upgrade to Hilton HHonors Gold, matching to Hyatt Diamond, matching to Mlife Platinum. (Remember, Casino Loyalty friends, FoundersCard also provides an upgrade to Caesars Diamond Status!)
What you need to do, to facilitate this match :
- Prepare an image of your current hotel loyalty statement that shows at least one recent stay.
- Prepare an image of your current hotel loyalty card, preferably top tier card, with membership number that correlates with the above statement.
- Follow @HyattConcierge and request they follow you (I believe this is the case to be able to twitter DM (direct message).
- DM (direct message) @HyattConcierge with the image of the statement, card and the current Hyatt Gold Passport number that you desire to upgrade.
- Once upgraded follow the details to LINK you Mlife account to your Hyatt account and process the Mlife upgrade to Platinum.
Example of our tweet (DM – direct message) to @HyattConcierge :
Please note, while not surprised you cannot use your Caesars Diamond Status to match in this program. (Though, we need to send @HyattConcierge a quick memo about how to spell Caesars.)
Good luck, and please provide feedback below if you were successful with the Hyatt match, and what hotel loyalty program (and tier level) you matched.
Hat-Tip to Gary Leff at View From The Wing! (Gary also provides lots of details about the advantages of Hyatt Diamond Status)