UPDATE – 09:30 EDT – 22 August 2016
UPDATE – 14:00 EDT – 21 August 2016
There are isolated reports of some Chase customers being able to apply and be approved for the CSR Card in states where Chase Banks are open on Sunday.
ORIGINAL POST – 09:00 EDT – 21 August 2016
Travel hackers all around the world have become accustomed to feasting on credit cards that offer hefty sign-up bonuses. The big credit card issuers, American Express, Chase and Citi have been offering up these cards on a regular basis. Some of these cards offer holy grail kind of bonuses and their availability and applicant eligibility is, sometimes, the stuff of travel hacking legend. Recently, we learned about the Chase Sapphire Reserve (“CSR”) Card. Based upon the VISA Infinite platform, it is supposed to make its debut sometime today, August 21st and offer the following benefits:
- Bonus – 100,000 Ultimate Rewards Points after $4,000 spend in the first 90 days
- Earning Rate – 3X for travel and dining / 1X for all other items
- Lounge Access – Priority Pass Select
- Credits – $300 Annual Travel Credit (lounge fees, upgrades, etc.)
- Other – Free Global Entry / Free TSA Pre-Check
- Annual Fee – $450
- Additional Authorized Users – $75
There is also a lot of chatter about “The Chase 5/24 Rule” which may or may not be a true rule. 5/24 supposedly means that you cannot be approved for more than 5 Chase cards in a 24 month period. Many folks online are speculating whether the 5/24 rule (if it exists) will apply in this case. It all remains to be seen.
Premature Sightings of the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card
There have been premature sightings of certain elements for the CSR out in the wild. Some, like the benefits page, are live right now. Others, like the now-dead landing page pictured below, popped up and went away just as fast.
We’ll keep you updated as news develops.
TRAVEL DEALS – CRUISES
- 4 Night Bahamas Cruises from $204 on Carnival, only on Cruisedirect.com. $49 Deposits, Plus Up to $500 to Spend On Board!
- 7 Night Caribbean Cruises from $509 on Holland America, only Cruisedirect.com.Up to $1,300 to Spend On Board, Plus SUITES: FREE Drinks & Specialty Dining!
- 7 Night Caribbean Cruises from $1274 on Disney Cruise Line, only on Cruisedirect.com. CruiseDirect Exclusive: Disney Autograph Book, Plus Up to $1,000 to Spend On Board!